103lbs lighter (pic heavy)

Options
mrs_joshica
mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
All I can say is wow! So, here is my story. I've been in the "big" category my entire life, since early teenage years on. I went from thin to big in what seemed like overnight. I was a size 30-32, and I was scared. I didn't even know clothes came in that size and was afraid that I would eventually have nothing to wear. As scared as I was I was also disappointed from past experiences of failing at losing weight! I tried this fad diet, and that pill, and nothing worked. I never thought to examine my relationship with food, my portion sizes, my sugar intake or fat intake. Food was my comfort. I also never evaluated the fact that WHATEVER YOU DO TO LOSE THE WEIGHT IS WHAT YOU MUST DO TO MAINTAIN IT, and if I was not changing my lifestyle, the few pounds shed would be just that, few, far in between, and come back with friends.

In 2009 I moved to a new city, got a new job. Although this job was sedentary I was no longer working from home, and had no choice but to get up and move around some. Little did I know that without even trying, I would begin to lose weight. Within a few months of my new job my 30/32 turned into a size 28 and I got excited! I thought if I can do this without even trying, Lord knows that I should be able to do this putting in some work. I have stopped, and started and stopped and started so many times that I can't even tell you the numbers. However, in 2011 I got serious about doing something, and although I quit and went back at in 2013, and then quit and went back at it 6 months into last year, I've learned a lot, and lost a whole lot.

I have to say a big thank you to every friend I had on MFP who didn't leave me just because I was no longer active. Losing weight is a journey, you try, and fall down, but in your fall, if you do it right, you learn. I've learned the importance of working out in my target heart range, the importance of listening to my body say "I'm full". I've learned what being an emotional eater meant to my journey, and how to break that cycle. I've learned that falling isn't a bad thing, but staying down is. I've learned that TOM causes weight gaining, it is inevitable, but I've also learned that by pushing through it all, you WILL see results in the end. I've learned that what works for one person may not work for another, and experimenting, is healthy.

I remember looking at other people's tickers on MFP and seeing 80 lbs lost, 90 lbs lost, 100lbs lost, and I just thought, "WOW, one day I will be able to say that too, just you wait!" And here I am, 103lbs lost, looking at my ticker in awe of how God has taught me so many things, and walked me through all of this, even when I gave up on myself so many times. I still have over 100lbs to go, I was almost 400lbs (if not that since I never wanted to step foot on a scale then), but I can honestly say, I am looking forward to seeing the rest melt away. That is the biggest thing I've learned thus far, if you don't learn to love you while you are still trying to lose weight, you will just have the same self-hatred when you reach your goal, just in a smaller body, and you know what, I LOVE ME! So here are my pictures. To my family, my friends, my MFP friends, thank you for the encouragement, love, and support. I don't have many, if any at my heaviest, because I just didn't take pictures, but i pray that every person attempting to lose weight, any amount, find exactly what they are looking for, because there is really no secret, the key however, is you. Anything worth while doesn't come overnight, but can start TOnight!

Two of my heaviest known pictures
joshica1rvsd-1.jpg

This one is after I started dropping weight in a size 28
MeHeavier.jpg

First comparison after losing about 80lbs

81lbsandgoing.jpg

Recent comparison after losing about 90lbs

Before%20and%20After%202015%20full%20body.jpg

4 year look of Front/Back/Side: Each start w/ 2011, 2013, and finally 2015 (2015 pictures in black are from 5-16-2015 today)

4%20year%20front%20comparison.jpg
4%20year%20back%20comparison.jpg
4%20year%20side%20comparison.jpg
Face comparison over the years
Faces.jpg

103 lost, 107.4 to go. Here is to successful journey's everywhere! And what I look like as we speak!
Jo%205-14-2015.jpg

You can find my weight loss page on FB and feel free to add me here on MFP
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Underconstruction/123526504490483?ref=hl

Replies

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Congrats on your loss so far! You are looking terrific and very happy.
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    wow, what great pictures and what an inspiration. Thank you for posting this
  • Rampant328
    Rampant328 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The results of a fantastic transformation in MIND, BODY, and SPIRIT!!! AWESOME JOB, Smiley!!! You look so proud and happy.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Seriously awesome :) well done
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Seriously awesome :) well done
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I am so proud of you and inspired by you. Glad you kept coming back.
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic now! What an achievement, well done, you must feel so much healthier too :) x
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! congrats!! :)
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    seriously inspirational! awesome job! I love how you seem to get happier as the years go on- your smile seems to grow as you shrink!
  • KiairaKay
    KiairaKay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work...your body thanks you for it! May God continue you to bless you on this journey. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's incredible, you're a superstar! :)
  • sarahdhelgeson
    sarahdhelgeson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I have a similar story but I'm at the beginning. Thanks for the inspiration
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nice one. Well done!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done! Great story - thanks for sharing!
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    TY Everyone!! KeriA a special TY to you as one of those who stuck w/ me through my inactive state!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Love the light in your eyes in that last picture lass! :-)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Amazing and inspiring. Beautiful - before and after! :)
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    TYSM EVERYONE!! I'm so proud!
  • bethmeek27
    bethmeek27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful in all the pics, but that inner light is showing through big time now! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!