Can't lose anymore !!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in September 2014. I started at 226 lbs and got down to 180lbs by mainly exercising and making small diet changes. I have been stuck at 180 for approximately the past 2 months and have no idea how to continue losing.. More recently since I've noticed the scale stopped moving I have increased my cardio per week and almost completely stopped my awful snacking habit! I've been eating much healthier foods and small meals but I haven't found any of it to be helpful. I'm so discouraged now! anyone else had this situation happen to them? how did you get through it

Replies

• forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »
    Are you weighing your food?
    ^^^^ This. In all likelihood you're eating more than you think. As you lose weight the calorie deficit becomes smaller so errors in logging will have a greater effect. Also just because you think of a food as 'Healthy' does not always equate to keeping within calorie goals. Check you logging make sure you're are weighing all solids measuring liquids and picking accurate entries off the database

• karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thirding the above two posts. Are you weighing absolutely everything?
  • nancyvdb74
    nancyvdb74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had this earlier this year. I was down 55 lbs and then everything stopped. I weighed everything, exercised more and nothing. For 3 months :( I stayed with it and now I am down 10 more lbs. Stay with it, you will lose again.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Another vote for weighing everything you eat. Everything! The more weight you lose and the closer to get to goal, weight loss just naturally slows down, so there's a lot less room for error as far as caloric intake goes. :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you recalculated your BMR and TDEE?
  • Lizzipoos
    Lizzipoos Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are you taking your measurements? You might not be losing weight, but losing inches. Like the person above me said, it might be time to recalculate your BMR and TDEE. Don't get discouraged! You've got this far, just keep going!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you recalculated your BMR and TDEE?

I would look into this and also make sure you are logging/weighing food accurately. I did a quick run of 226 vs 180 and BMR drops 200 calories. As you get smaller, you actually need to restrict calories more. 180 with a height of 5'5" (just put something in) had a BMR of 1600. So if you are burning 200 less calories per day and you are not accurate with logging/measuring, you may be counteracting much of the deficit you think you have.

Take a good look at both areas and then reevaluate calorie goals and go from there. This is also using a lot of assumptions since all we can tell about you is that you currently weigh 180, are 23, and female. An open food diary helps with logging issues and seeing what your current calorie goal is also helps.