yummy protein shake ideas?

Options
i looking for a good protein shake that doesnt taste like chalk!! any ideas or recipes?
thanks guys :)

Replies

• ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A good way to disguise the protein tastes (which varies a lot between brands) is by adding chunks of frozen banana before blending- makes it really thick and sweeter!

I also like mocha shakes- I got Jarrow Whey chocolate powder which is pretty good (BSN Lean Dessert is my favorite) and mixed with unsweetened almond milk and ice cubes made from coffee. Throw in some sweetener and a dash of vanilla and it's delicious!

I think the key is using milk (soy, almond, whatever) to making them taste better.
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree about adding a banana. The last shake I tried, that is what I would do. Now I use the SmartMeals shakes and love them just the way they are.8 oz of water and 2 scoops of powder. It hold me for about 4 hours.
  • Carolimerose
    Options
    Chocolate almond milk with chocolate protein powder. Add in either strawberries, blueberries, or a banana!
  • angiec20
    angiec20 Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you WANT to use a protein powder? I guess my question would be, are you trying to get more protein in? I would say a smoothie made with plain, nonfat yogurt, milk and fruit would do the job unless you're lifting a lot. That's what I have and I love it! I have some great combos I'll share with you :)
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like to throw frozen strawberries in the blender w/lowfat milk and chocolate protein powder. YUMMY
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use extracts to deepen a flavor. I use vanilla, almond, and mint/peppermint. I've done chocolate with a dash of peppermint for a 'grasshopper' flavor that worked out pretty good. Also a tsp of cocoa powder to intensify chocolate flavor, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to vanilla to change it up, etc. :)