are fitbits worth the money and which is best?

Options
jemzyw01
jemzyw01 Posts: 22 Member
hi . i have been looking at puchasing a fitbit or one similar there is so many . i dont know which is best . some are quite pricey and there is stores own versions eg argos do some . has anyone got one and got review on it please?

Replies

• lilackisses
    lilackisses Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit and find it to be a great motivator. I started with a flex and now I have a Charge Hr. I find the charge works better for me because I like accessing data without having to sync to my phone. I think it is worth it depending on what you are looking for in particular. For me, the data and the challenges, the accountabilty aspect, make it worth it.
  • chami1013
    chami1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of purchasing one too. I'm leaning towards the Charge HR or the Zip.
  • jemzyw01
    Options
    its hard to chose . i see good reviews for the charge hr .is pricey tho .
  • jemzyw01
    Options
    the zip not seen that one gona google it :)
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit and I find a lot of motivation in it. I don't like to wear things on my wrists, so I have the One. Previously, I had the zip and unless you want sleep information, too, they are more or less the same. Maybe start with the zip since it's less money, but both have been great. Love the app.
  • jemzyw01
    Options
    is the app free?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes, the app is free. Some Fitbits clip to your bra or pocket; others you wear on your wrist. They all show your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), aka your maintenance calories. Some track your sleep. Some have a heart rate monitor.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

ETA: The differences are explained at http://www.fitbit.com/compare
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've had the ultra (the first incarnation of the FitBit) for a few years. I loved that you could clip it onto your clothes. It was small and inconspicuous. It always gave me great motivation to keep moving. I've recently upgraded to the Charge HR and love that just as much.
    If you're not good at wearing things on your wrist constantly I'd go for the One. If you're good with that I personally chose the HR over the standard Charge because of the better clasp. I also love the fact it detects my sleep and I don't need to worry about that.
    I'd avoid the flex because it has less functions for the same price as the One.
    The link EditorGrrl provided give you all the details you'll need.
  • theDonaldSouth
    theDonaldSouth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used it for a week. It works great. And only returned it because I was also looking for something to monitor sleep but didn't want to wear it in bed.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge HR. The way I see it, spending money that motivates me to be healthy adds time onto my life. When you get old, how much money would you be willing to pay to live a few extra years?

But "worth it" really comes down to your budget. By the best thing you can afford.
  • lizzynose
    lizzynose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recommend the zip! I was going to buy a more expensive one but then I realised the zip did all I needed it too, it records distance walked, steps taken and calories burned and syncs with the app. The battery lasts for months as well. Unlike some other fit bits it has a screen so you can check your progress on the device as well as through the app.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Some Fitbits clip to your bra or pocket; others you wear on your wrist.

I didn't think of this - I had decided I couldn't get a Zip, despite it being what I really wanted, because I wear dresses most of the time. You're a genius :D

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Some Fitbits clip to your bra or pocket; others you wear on your wrist.

I didn't think of this - I had decided I couldn't get a Zip, despite it being what I really wanted, because I wear dresses most of the time. You're a genius :D

This is also why I got the One, I didn't want to wear it on my wrist everyday.
  • lizzynose
    lizzynose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yep I kept the zip I my bra!!
  • cha97shelley
    cha97shelley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started with the One which was fab, but found myself wanting the extra things that the charge HR did. I think best to look on fitbits website myself, think about what you want and then see which one best matches your needs and your budget. I was happy to upgrade on the HR as I knew I would use it and get something from it more than what I was getting from the One.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a Garmin Vivofit with HRM (was 40% off on Amazon - gave me a big incentive to buy it). Decided that I wanted to go for something that recorded my HR as well as doing the "fitbit" type thing. Depends really what you want to achieve with it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    And only returned it because I was also looking for something to monitor sleep but didn't want to wear it in bed.

If you weren't planning on wearing it in bed, how was it going to monitor your sleep? :/
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I waited a few months before getting my charge hr. I talked to so many people about pros and cons and finally got one. It has been such a great motivation for me! Worth the investment! Good luck!