eating and working out timing?

Options
How do you time when you eat and work out? i just started running, and i do it in the early mornings. i usually don't eat until after, but i was wondering if this is a bad thing to do! thanks! : )

Replies

• possessed
    possessed Posts: 12
    Options
    Eating after in the monrning is better !! Your making your body burn fat you see. I wait till evening some times though as exercise tends to increase my huge appetite :) x
  • possessed
    possessed Posts: 12
    Options
    I am using running atm (interval training mind you) ! Its working for me.... my body fat percentage is dropping quicker than my weight :) x
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I would at least eat a little something before you run esp if first thing in the morning. I do, like a protein shake with water or half of a banana about 15 min before I go......gives you more energy. I also run 5 miles tho lol

I also try and eat no later than 30-45 min after I work out, keep the body fed to recover and your metabolism up!

If I work out later in the day I wait 1-2 hours after my meal :smile:
  • angiec20
    angiec20 Posts: 4
    Options
    It totally depends on your body. If the thought of food makes you gag in the morning and you run better on an empty stomach, do that. But if you feel like eating a little something (1/2 a banana, a date) will give you more energy and make you run harder, do that! Because you're only running short distances at this point, it's not as big of a deal. Just do whatever's most effective that will keep you running!
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm a runner too, sometimes i just eat a salad 1 hour before going for a run ;)

for more tips go to http://www.runnersworld.com/