Correct amount of calories

Options
yalinicr
yalinicr Posts: 1 Member
I tried to lose a few pounds on 1450 calories a week . After 2 weeks I lost half a stone and am getting palpitations . Someone suggested it could too low a calorie intake for me and hence low blood sugar . Will go to the doctor , but any thoughts ? What's the right number of calories to suit your own body on a diet ?

Replies

• ChandraJamil
    ChandraJamil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is based off of your height, weight, and current activity level. So normally mine is at 1500 to lose like 2 lbs a week. So there are 14 lbs in one stone. So you are losing like an avg of 3.5 lbs a week. I lost 10lbs (little more than 1/2 a stone). I would look for a calorie calculator you can find them all over the internet and plug in your info to see if it is a issue with you taking in too few calories. Hope that helps.
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would go to a doctor and take food diary along with you. Best to play it safe
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    There is a school of thought that you should eat MORE to lose weight, although it has to be good stuff, not junk, and you've got to exercise of course. Your first step should be to go to the dr and get a good physical and bloodwork - checking sugar, cholresterol, etc.