Baby weight

Options
Kayla32111
Kayla32111 Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
To all you moms out there how did you loose your baby weight or how are you working on loosing it? I used to weigh 150 and I gained a little after having my daughter but now I'm a stay at home mother and it hasn't been kind to my body I've gained more than I wanted I now weigh I'm guessing 200. I live on a main busy road so going for a walk is challenging with a baby doesn't seem safe I try and workout at home but any diet advice and what fitness do u do at home :)

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Try eating less. It's not easy but you must cut down on your calorie intake if you want to lose weight, that's the bottom line. Getting more active helps as well but cutting calories is the key to weight loss. You have to eat less and move more.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

I have an 11 week old baby and I'm 3.6 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I eat a slight calorie deficit, but not too large as to not loose my milk supply. And I try to exercise when I can, but for the most part, it's all about the calories I eat.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I am walking five miles per day and eating at a deficit. My baby is thirteen years old. :laugh:
  • Laurafoxx81
    Laurafoxx81 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I used to weigh just under 9 stone before i had my baby.. i went up to just over 11 and half stone after so i felt super huge...
    (Most people will tell me that this is bad advice and for you not to do it etc but it worked for me.. it may or may not work for you) but I started doing 'celebrity slim' diet.. its a shake 2 times a day with a healthy tea and plenty of healthy snacks.. a lot like juice plus or slim fast etc I didn't go the gym or anything because I never had time or a baby sitter for that fact.. I sometimes used the wii fit at home though, & I went down to 9 half stone.. (oh aswell people told me once i stopped the shake diet I'd pile the weight back on.. But i didn't & i ate alot of take aways lol) so i stopped dieting for a few years till now... & I'm still stuck at this weight so I've joined the gym to get rid of the last bit before my holiday :)
  • kay_78
    kay_78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Plan meals and stick to the plan. Make sure you're achieving a calorie deficit each day. I had a lot of success not drinking calories which means more for food! If you don't have a good place to walk work out inside. Even house work can burn some calories! Do you have a baby sling or carrier? Wear your baby as you move to burn additional calories. When I was losing baby weight meal planning on fitness pal saved me! Measure portions and stick to your plan and you will see progress. Don't be discouraged if the progress is slow. It took me more than a year to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But sticking to an eating plan has helped me to maintain that weight for the last 3 years because now I know how to eat properly. Good luck! :-)
  • venusenvy68
    venusenvy68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Volume not dense calorie food. I like to snack when I watch tv, so li make myself a bag of light popcorn versus cookies or chips. And I make sure it fits into my macros.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can you put baby in the car and go somewhere else to walk? When my lo was born we lived on a road without sidewalks so I drove to the park and put her in the stroller. Every day. And it also helps just getting out of the house! Now she's ten months old and we live in a nice neighborhood for walking. I'm 2.5 pounds from pre pregnancy weight (I gained 35) and I want to lose 5-10 beyond that. It's slow going (I've been at this for almost 6 months!) but all I've done is eat at a deficit and try to get as much activity as I can. You have to make it a priority.