Wtf quest bars???

diemos9
diemos9 Posts: 54 Member
22 carbs but says 3 net carbs? What am I missing here

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    You get net carbs by subtracting fiber grams from total carb grams.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    They also subtract any sugar alcohols, if Quest bars contain them. I think some contain erythritol now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    fiber
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    The crap ton of fiber that they also contain. Since our bodies can't break fiber down to obtain the calories it contains, it's essentially calorie free. That's what "net carbs" are: the entire amount of carbs minus the carbs our bodies can't absorb (fiber and some sugar alcohols)

On a related note, if you're eating quest bars for the first time, chose a day when you'll be alone for the majority of the day. All that fiber has....consequences. Let me tell you, after I eat a bar I can clear multiple rooms with all the gas I have afterwards :tongue:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    NaurielR wrote: »
    The crap ton of fiber that they also contain. Since our bodies can't break fiber down to obtain the calories it contains, it's essentially calorie free. That's what "net carbs" are: the entire amount of carbs minus the carbs our bodies can't absorb (fiber and some sugar alcohols)

On a related note, if you're eating quest bars for the first time, chose a day when you'll be alone for the majority of the day. All that fiber has....consequences. Let me tell you, after I eat a bar I can clear multiple rooms with all the gas I have afterwards :tongue:

LOL, never had that problem with Quest bars. I eat one a day for my mid-afternoon snack. I consider it my fiber supplement (I eat enough without one, but I love getting 45 or more grams of fiber a day)

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

LOL, never had that problem with Quest bars. I eat one a day for my mid-afternoon snack. I consider it my fiber supplement (I eat enough without one, but I love getting 45 or more grams of fiber a day)

Don't have that problem either. And sometimes I eat two per day, along with fiber from other sources. It's actually a bit much but I feel fine.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

I had that problem with fiber one stuff... not Quest bars.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

I had that problem with fiber one stuff... not Quest bars.

That's funny, because I can eat fiber one cereal all day long and be perfectly fine. I get a lot of fiber in my diet as well. Maybe it's the sugar alcohols in the quest bar. Some sugar alcohols really get me going lol.