Please could someone give me an example routine.....

Options
kmab1985
kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
Hi All

I've tried to come up with my own weights routine for Monday and Fridays but I just can't seem to think of a good one!

Please could someone give me some examples to help me along? I do classes on Tues, Weds & Thursday so wanted to have Monday and Fridays as my weight days....

I prefer compound ones but kinda need a little help in getting me started!

Thanks All

Replies

• TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sample routine tu952mt603lp.jpg
    9s0mxfhiadgc.jpg
    amfejh8482uz.jpg
    j37ty4xbiyte.jpg
    0fbho6k0x2vt.jpg
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Google 5x5 stronglifts. Follow plan.
  • kmab1985
    Options
    Ah Thanks....Thats helpful!

I know/have done most of these lifts etc but theres a few I've not heard of so will get googling...
  • kmab1985
    Options
    I tried the stronglifts plan and it just wasnt me but thanks for suggesting!!

• doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think Strong Curves will suit you.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think Strong Curves will suit you.

This is not your run-of-the-mill fitness book. Developed by world-renowned gluteal expert Bret Contreras, Strong Curves offers an extensive fitness and nutrition guide for women seeking to improve their physique, function, strength, and mobility.

He's a gluteal expert? Not just that, but a world renowned gluteal expert?!
    Sorry, it just tickled me that you can be an expert in such things :)
  • obrncaroline
    obrncaroline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use bodybuilding.com for all kinds of different routines. Right now, I am using the "bizzy 21 day workout", which is basically an upper body with cardio one day, and lower body with cardio another. You could easily skip the cardio and just do the weights...
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    If you didn’t like Stronglifts, how about Starting Strength. In my opinion, it’s best to start with a set program as a beginner. Bodybuilding.com also has a number of programs, but SS is a great basic and effective one. If you want compound lifts, those are pretty much it.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    TheSurge0n wrote: »
    Sample routine

so you recommend a 6 day split for someone who wants to train twice per week?
  • kmab1985
    Options
    Yeah I'm currently reading Starting Strength at the moment which is really helpful but just wanted a proper routine on those two days as I'm really crap at things like that and I hate going to the gym with no set routine and not knowing what to do!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    kmab1985 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm currently reading Starting Strength at the moment which is really helpful but just wanted a proper routine on those two days as I'm really crap at things like that and I hate going to the gym with no set routine and not knowing what to do!

I don’t see why you couldn’t alternate between the A and B workouts just twice a week, instead of three times.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Google "twice per week workout" and you will find lots of different lifting workouts for people who cannot dedicate more days to weights. I am also doing weights twice per week, and my routine looks close to this: http://www.niashanks.com/two-day-strength-program/ with a few accessory lifts.