abs's

Options
any advice for getting to see my abs .. I weigh 48-49kg, with a body fat %of 15 according to boots scales .. but still didn't see my abs .. any advice ? am I eating to much fat or starchy carbs .. I weight train 3-4 days a week , lifting heavy . and RPM classes 2-3 times a week , plus a few 10 mins on the octane lateral x machine . 1 min normal and then 1 min squat on high resistance .... I don't allows log my fat in my diary , as a snack on my nut butter mindlessly , and I def can go through a jar in a few days

Replies

• cgbugs9
    cgbugs9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ok .. cool .. more working on the core then ?! thanks
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • cgbugs9
    Options
    oh yeah .. 5foot 2-3 inches
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Your BMI with the stats you have listed is between 18.74 and 19.75. Anything under 18.5 is considered underweight. You may want to considered bulking up a little to increase your muscle mass for more defined muscle tone.
  • cgbugs9
    Options
    I never real look at my bmi before .. ok thanks for all the great advice .
  • cainelfc93
    cainelfc93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please do not believe that scale for your body fat %. Electrical Impedance readings are well off. So as for abs you probably aren't even the percent you think you are. If you want body fat done, hydrostatic is probably the most accurate of the readily available options. Hope this helps :)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lower ... lower ... lower that %.

I had to get down to 10.5 (caliper estimated) to see mine really pop.

Here is me at 11.5% a couple of months back. Didn't get any pics at 10%, but I will next time.

6af61e8f545bc464a1baebdb32313f8476ba.jpg

I'm currently at 13% and ... nothin'.

Not a 4-pack, not a 6-pack ... not a single ab showing.

Just a couple of percentage points when you're on the edge make all the difference.

The only thing to do is keep taking that BF lower and lower until they pop. You can exercise all you want to grow muscle, but if they're buried under a fat layer, you'll never see 'em.
  • cgbugs9
    Options
    thanks guys ... how can I get even lower !!
  • cgbugs9
    Options
    would it help if u could see my diary ?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Sargeant's stats are only relevant to a male. As a woman you have about 10-13% essential BF ...with a BMI bordering underweight you really need to look at eating at maintenance or slightly above and lifting progressively heavier

Try strong lifts 5x5 or NROLFW
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Sargeant's stats are only relevant to a male. As a woman you have about 10-13% essential BF ...with a BMI bordering underweight you really need to look at eating at maintenance or slightly above and lifting progressively heavier

Try strong lifts 5x5 or NROLFW

I was going to say this too. If you are indeed at 15% then you need to be eating more and training to add more muscle mass. Definitely not a deficit.
  • cgbugs9
    Options
    roughly what calorie intake , macro spilt ?? x
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    What's your maintenance TDEE? Eat that or a couple of hundred above it

Aim for at least 0.64g protein per lb of bodyweight up to 0.82g Protein per lb of bodyweight - you can eat more but there's no additional benefit

If you truly knew your bodyfat percentage (which you don't from a scale) you could go for 0.84g protein per lb of LBM

Fat at 0.35g Fat per lb of bodyweight - again a minimum

the rest whereever it falls - get good nutrition
  • cgbugs9
    Options
  • cgbugs9
    Options
    how do I work out TDEE ? XX
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

but it's an estimate - nothing will beat the data that you can collect yourself over a minimum of 8 weeks .. of course that would mean logging accurately - and with exercise burns you would have to be careful, the MFP database is OK but the best advice is to start by taking 50-75% of the calorie burn because for many it overestimates