Joining a Biggest Loser Competition @ Work looking for friends, advice, support!

Options
I Joined 'the biggest loser' challenge at work. $10.00 buy in the pot is at $320.00 right now, still time for others to sign up, 1st place gets the money, other prizes are gym membership, nike shoes, fitbit. I'm competitive so I'm excited to do this!

I'm looking to add some new friends to the already supportive ones I have, if you have ever done a group challenge like this please share your experience :wink: I want to win or at least lose some lbs, I'm going to shoot for goals of no soda, log everyday, and drink 8+ glasses of h20 daily. We have our 1st weigh-in on Friday I think and the challenge goes till July ish....

My dairy is open and I want to start lifting weights again :neutral: yay thanks for reading!

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    There will almost certainly be one person who tries to go absolutely bonkers, and starve themselves while doing massive amounts of exercise. If they succeed, don't keep up with them just to win because they're likely going to yoyo right back, and possibly even do damage to themselves.

If you're looking to get yourself in a position to win, shoot for 1 - 1.5% weekly, which if it is three months long, would give you anywhere from 12 - 18% lost, and should be enough to be very close to winning.

My suggestion would be to set a strict calorie goal, stick to it, and don't eat any exercise calories back. Also, I would advise against weightlifting as any sort of noob gains you get might cause you to either gain weight, or maintain for the first few weeks.

The only thing you should really be concerned with if you're trying to win is calorie deficit, so I'd personally go the cardio/HIIT route.
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    thanks peachfuzzie for the advice! Good tips! I will start thinking about what I want to set my calorie goal for, I normally always eat my workout cals back so thats a good idea to not!! thanks again!
  • Tribbey143
    Options
    ASKING for other opinions.... this is regarding WEIGHT LOSS w/ joining the biggest loser competition that I am in at my work, till the 15th of July..my QUESTION is.. Should I only do hiit training? Or Just weights??... Or both... This is not a long term fitness plan....Well over all yes, but for the short time while I'm in this competition to beat everyone else at work what should I focus on to drop lbs? :) Can you tell I'm a little competitive? I wish knew how they're going to decided because some people at work have more to lose then me, and I'm thinking it's going to be easier for them, the women running it said % of your weight loss.....So I have no idea how thats going to add up.

I know that fitness is a long term goal to have over a lifetime, and it's a marathon not a sprint but I'm a greedy pichachu and wanna WIN!!! ;) please be positive and nice.
  • Tribbey143
    Options
    adding my dairy is open and I'm trying to eat 1,200 cals just for the term of the challenge & not eat back work out cals. Once this is over, I plan on upping my cals and eating back some workout cals if not all :hushed: