Mom who is starting from 242lbs with a goal of 140

Options
hello everyone! I am looking for support and motivation while using this app. I am a military spouse and have a 2 year old daughter. It's definitely hard to eat well when we are always on the go. My family has a weakness for eating out and it's been challenging learning to pick the right foods when you don't know the calories. Anyways I am hoping any one else who has a long journey ahead of them would add me as a friend. It silly but every little "like" or comment of encouragement goes a long way for me! I have been on here every day since mid April and have lost 12 lbs so far - 90 more to go! Tell me about yourself or add me and we can get through this together! Thanks :)

Replies

• StridesToRedemption
    StridesToRedemption Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss. Our stats are pretty similar. I began eating healthier around April 13th and have lost about 10-14lbs, most of which has been water weight. Do you log calories daily? That has helped put things into perspective for me. It was nothing for me to eat out two unhealthy meals per day. Try preparing healthy meals in advance and possibly taking them along with you whenever possible. Good Luck!
  • arielly1003
    arielly1003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congrats on your weight loss so far! I count all calories including on "cheat" days and have been doing pretty well. I recently added a restaraunt calorie app and it's crazy to see that some of the choices I made thinking it would be the "healthy" option were totally wrong. I'm learning what to choose while out slowly but improving. Mostly avoiding cream sauces, pasta, and even some loaded salads. Seems meat and veggies is the best options. Feel free to add me - would love any encouragement while we lose weight :)
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far. Keep it up! I too am on a long journey after having my third son. I was a healthy 150lbs before I got pregnant and loved myself, had tons of confidence. But when I became pregnant with him, I gained over 50lbs and have felt horrible about myself ever since. I'm about to go on week 4 of healthier eating and exercise. I've lost about 10lbs so far. I'm doing beachbody programs and loving them. Can't wait to see where I am in a year. I too count all my calories daily and keep a log of all my food and water intake. I also meal prep every Sunday, helps greatly with a young child and husband around. Add me if you'd like, I enjoy the daily motivation of others :)
  • giggsy23
    giggsy23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Im also on a mission to loose weight iv so far managed to loose 56lbs with 24lbs to go. Iv got a 10month old and me and my partner work opposite shifts so meal times are a pain as i dont feel like cooking properly for just me. So im also looking for people to help share the struggle with :)
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. I am also a military wife with my husband gone for two months (I moved early with my two kids to set up household and find work). It is hard with a 2 and 4 year old, plus stress, and being lonely. But it is all excuses (for me). I am doing my second 60 mile walk in September and want to lose at least 20 by then (but will be happy for just physically ready!). I am going to start tracking again.

It is hard to do it all :-). Sounds like you are on the right track. And always check to see if MFP has restaurant food. Or you can look ahead on the website to have an idea ahead of time.
  • tzara17
    tzara17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm the mom of a three year old boy and I gained about 60lbs during pregnancy and I still have most of it to lose.

I'm 5'5 and currently 205lbs. This is my third day tracking on MFP and I've synced my Fitbit.

Would love to stay motivated with other moms. I work about 50 hours a week and I find the stress of work triggers my eating.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm right there, altough not a mum, please feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a mom of a 2 year old and a 9 month old. I currently weight 233 and have a goal of 150. Feel free to add me!
  • Ollieandra2100
    Ollieandra2100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the struggle with you. Feel free to add me. I need all the help I can get. I will be trying to get some kind of workout in every day as well as incorporating better food choices.
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 6 year old ad 15 month old. I am really struggling with getting healthy again seems how my kiddos keep me pretty busy all the time. Would love to have motivation from another mom who just understands what everyday life can be like with a lil one. :)