I need help

Options
I'm really serious about losing weight. I really want and need to be healthy, but I have no motivation. Or so it seems. My sisters wedding is in a year and I'm the biggest one in her bridal party, yet that's not enough motivation. My whole family rags on me for my weight, but I never change. I try so hard but always go back to my old ways. I just need help. Someone who can help motivate me to work out and eat healthier.

Replies

• SlashWannabe
    SlashWannabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Start out with small steps in your journey and everyday it will get easier and easier. I have restarted my new lifestyle last week and its been tough to eat better and exercise. Today I walked 3 miles in total and ate much better. Just tell yourself "I can do this" and if you fall off just get back on the next day and try again.
  • captainstu71
    captainstu71 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I try to lose weight for summer, work travel.... The list is endless. What does seem to help me is taking pause and thinking about choices I make whether it's what I eat, how much I eat, or if exercise should be more of a priority than watching TV or surfing on my iPad. That little pause at least makes me conscious of what I'm doing and sometimes gets me refocused.
  • Streeter204
    Streeter204 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. You don't want to bite of more than you can chew right away. Gradually work yourself into a good routine and the speed and intensity of your workouts will come. Ignore all the negativity that other people bring, they don't know the struggles that the other people with weight issues face, stay focused on your goals and visualize yourself thin and looking amazing at the wedding and then when you find yourself sitting around you can say to yourself "I could be working out" and use that to drive yourself and you will reach your goal! Just believe in yourself as much as we believe in you!!
  • dollfaceee143
    dollfaceee143 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I don't have motivation or self control it seems like. No one else around me gets it or supports me. When everyone around you eats whatever its a struggle eating right and losing weight. Here if you need a friend I know how hard it is! :s
  • thegrimmycrew
    thegrimmycrew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over what someone/society thinks you should "look" like. Shoot for a healthy you. I used to be obese as a child. Can really relate to your plight. You can't diet. It has to be a lifestyle. Shoot for meeting a realistic daily goal. If you want something sweet..go ahead...in moderation. I treat myself to 2 pieces of chocolate every night before I hit the rack. I try to incorporate a lil bit of "exercise" in my daily routine ie take the stairs...park a little further away, carry your groceries. Find a good gym you feel comfortable in....most women like Planet Fitness..not alot of meatheads. And reward yourself when you meet your goal.....good luck...we all have faith you will exceed your expectations!