Any senior friends?

Options
Having friends is like having a customized message board that is always active. I think we just might help each other out with obstacles common to our age and with shared insights.

I am new to MFP. I log in every day. I have learned from rookie mistakes getting started. I am looking in particular for ways to increase my metabolism. We can have a conversation about things like that whenever the mood hits you.

ps I will add a picture to my profile soon. It is of me with a big head, smiling with my face right up agains the camera.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • MrPlate
    MrPlate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How old are you considering senior? ;) I'm 33 but my body is at least 60!! :D

Hope you find some similar folk to chat to :) x
  • MrPlate
    Options
    Thanks. As I was saying, I am new. Didn't know there was a message place for people over 50 already!
  • exelbyplumpton
    exelbyplumpton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Female. I'm 63. Gained weight after coming of my horse. Had a double compound fracture in lower arm. Going for bone graft in two weeks. Feeling a bit low. But trying to get healthy before operation. Restarted not so long ago, but struggling.
  • MrPlate
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

I wish you all the best. Good luck with your operation.

• opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 51 if that counts. Very happy to have older friends. I am doing this for health, not looks. I have lost 51lb since August last year. Good luck on your journey.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Male or female
    MrPlate wrote: »
    Having friends is like having a customized message board that is always active. I think we just might help each other out with obstacles common to our age and with shared insights.

I am new to MFP. I log in every day. I have learned from rookie mistakes getting started. I am looking in particular for ways to increase my metabolism. We can have a conversation about things like that whenever the mood hits you.

ps I will add a picture to my profile soon. It is of me with a big head, smiling with my face right up agains the camera.

Male or female? Your calorie goal looks mighty small for a male.

I am open to new friends but only senior men.
  • MrPlate
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

I am new. Didn't know about the above site. Thanks for responding to my inquiry. See you there!

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I started an over 60 group, but only three people joined and none participated :(
  • MrPlate
    Options
    Sorry I am slow responding! I think a lot of people in our age group don't use the forums because, like me, I don't know how to use the forums yet. (Haven't figured out how to post a picture either). Or, you might just blame the trouble on their meds. lol

I have decided my troubles are not unique to age. I was thinking it was common to have things like our slowing metabolisms, the affect meds have, etc. Now that I have learned how to accurately calculate my daily maintence calorie goal I don't worry about the why, I just concentrate on the actual results. I am a simple guy. That does it for me.

I still like reading the comments though. Mostly just to listen. I think they call it 'lurking'!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 65. I am the oldest person at work, and am unpopular with the new management, who really doesn't know me. I am an "at will" employee. This is stressing me out. Maybe they will fire me, which is not the way I wanted to go out of my 50 years of work life. Feeling sad about this.