I need major motivation. I keep losing focus.

Options
Hi. My name is Aj. I am 26 years old. I started my fitness journey over a year ago with little results. I cannot keep myself focused on eating right and always end up falling back into the junk food. I NEED to make a change. I have starting noticing a slow decline in my health. I am beginning to have sleep apnea and it terrifies me. My uncle has it so bad he needs to wear a mask or else he will die in his sleep. I need some support to help me push through this journey to a better life. Losing weight and becoming healthier is potentially the difference between life or death for me. I am way too young to die. Any motivation is definitely welcomed. Add me. Lets do this together. =)

Replies

• SoDarling
    SoDarling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have trouble also. Even after loosing weight it is still a challenge focusing on staying on track. I have my weekly slip ups when I binge on whatever I can get my hands on.
  • glucyang
    glucyang Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here! Let's keep each other motivated! You can do this!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    A few motivation ideas:

Write down those thoughts somewhere that you will see them everyday to help serve as a reminder of why you are wanting to get your health back.

Set moderate, but achievable goals. Don't set yourself up for failure by setting a crazy goal of losing 25 pounds every month, or exercising for three hours everyday if you haven't exercised in a long time.

Take before and after pictures, and get your measurements (biceps, thighs, chest, waist, and hips are good ones to measure) as they can be more motivating than what the scale says.

Weigh everything that you eat and log everything. At first, you may be discouraged to see exactly how much you are eating and the amount of calorie sin your favorite foods. After a couple of weeks of logging, look at your food diary to see where you can make changes. Allow yourself small treats that you can work into your calories each day. No point in depriving yourself and making yourself miserable.

Realize that this is more of a marathon in achieving your goals and not a sprint to see how fast you can do it. If you focus on one day at a time of making better food choices than the day before and moving a little more you are more likely to stick with this goal.

Good luck!

Feel free to add me if you would like. :)

• susiebabygirl
    susiebabygirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything debubbie said! Those are some good points to follow and try to stick with. I started weighing my food and logging everything and it definitely make me so much more aware of what I was eating!

It's very hard to continue eating healthily but when you've come so far you just have to know that you've done so well already and it's a lifestyle change that is necessary in order for you to live the best life you can!
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Add Me Bud, I Can Help You Out!
  • cherellebundziak
    cherellebundziak Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • neoncakes
    neoncakes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me. Same problem.