Anyone recommend a good plan for weight loss?

Options
Serve_the_servants
Serve_the_servants Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
On a typical week I do:

Monday - 5K
Tuesday - 4 miles +
Wed - day off
Thu - 8 or 9 miles
Friday - day off
Saturday - day off
Sunday - 5 miles

I am doing 5k's at about 23.5 mins at the moment. I am more concerned with weight loss than speed. I'm 6ft3 and 15.5 stone.

About a year ago I got to a decent level of fitness, and weighed less too. I did a 10k in 40 mins or so. Now I would probably do a 10k > 50 mins. I'm not that bothered about my speed at the moment though, it will improve when I lose weight and I have to be careful due to back issues.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is diet.
  • Serve_the_servants
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Weight loss is diet.
    Calories in/out, cardio being a relevant component.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    eat less. Even if you do cardio, you technically need to eat back those calories burned
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Ever do any weight lifting?
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Eat the same as you do, but smaller portions, until you realise its easier to forgo the chocolate bars and just eat meals. Whatever you do, you can't out-exercise a bad diet. CICO.
  • Serve_the_servants
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Ever do any weight lifting?
    Yes I did them for years but I kept getting injured because I have joint hypermobility. Last year I had an MRI scan which showed three bulging discs in my back. So I just gave up altogether. I would like to go back at some point but for now I am just sticking to exercises/stretches given by my physio.
  • Serve_the_servants
    Options
    Dofflin wrote: »
    Eat the same as you do, but smaller portions, until you realise its easier to forgo the chocolate bars and just eat meals. Whatever you do, you can't out-exercise a bad diet. CICO.
    Apart from Friday/Saturday, I eat no chocolate at all. I only drink water and meticulously weigh/track every single item I consume. My metabolism is challenging, I need to cycle calories or else I just do not lose weight. I used to weigh 20 stone and eat only 1000-1500 calories and I didn't lose weight until I started cycling calories.