Need encouragement & motivation

Options
Hey all,
I am new to MFP. I just started my weightloss/Healthy lifestyle journey today. I have tried diets after diets & everything that goes along with it. I have struggled with low self esteem, depression, etc for as long as I can remember. After taking a CBT course in my Master's program in Grad School, I realized that it is my thoughts that are keeping me from reaching my goal & not the negative behaviors themselves. With that being said, I am ready for this journey & could use some encouragement & friends along the way. I want to lose at least 75 lbs & I am 26 years old. Here goes nothin :)

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    No, there goes 75 pounds!
  • dropdatbirth
    dropdatbirth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stay with it, romerovv. I lost 60 lbs last year, and 20 lbs this year. I use this app for tracking my calories and information purposes. Be smart, realitisic... And if you break and have a big meal, don't get down about it. That will only derail you further. Shake it off and get right back on track. It will be worth it. You CAN do this.
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'll work with you to reach your goal:)
  • FitnessGirl_Smile15
    FitnessGirl_Smile15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    Day 2 & I'm still really motivated. Plus i love MFP so far & all the support :-)
  • susiebabygirl
    susiebabygirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want more friends, we all have to support+motivate each other :smile:
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I went through CBT aswell and I can relate with what you've said... Well done to you already, joining the MFP community is such a big step forward do not under estimate it... Feel free to add me
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow... You are in a neat, and very positive place!!! All the best :)
  • likaakah
    likaakah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for more support!
  • FitnessGirl_Smile15
    FitnessGirl_Smile15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone :-)
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. We can both motivate each other. I always look forward to seeing what my buddies are logging and helping them stay motivated. They do the same for me and it truly does keep you strong in mind and focused on your goals.
  • kdegrand
    kdegrand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me! Celebrate the small changes along the way. Creating a heathy lifestyle is more than just our food choices but finding new routines to refill yourself (with more than food )each day
  • natashajf
    natashajf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you really have the right attitude - feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mussman
    mussman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I need all the motivation I can get!!
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Go you! Sounds like you're in a great place...feel free to add me :)