24 minutes off my half marathon time!

Options
Asher_Ethan
Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
I knocked a solid 24 minutes off my half marathon time today! I was completely shocked when I got to the finish line and saw I was crossing at 2 hours and 17 minutes! Needless to say my legs are hurting right now so I'm currently in an ice bath.

I'm so excited!

Replies

• lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That's fantastic! Hope you are "enjoying" your ice bath.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing, congrats on the PR!! That's a huge leap forward!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Options
    lexlowe wrote: »
    That's fantastic! Hope you are "enjoying" your ice bath.

The ice bath was awful... but I know my body Will thank me in the morning.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Options
    Wow! Amazing, congrats on the PR!! That's a huge leap forward!

I was completely surprised! But I'm definitely feeling it... thanks for the encouragement!
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Love the feeling of a well-earned PR! Congrats, that's terrific! Now set a new goal and keep on movin'!!!
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    whoop Whoop !
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Wow thats crazy! Nice victory for you. Im considering a half bit don't know if I could finish in time:)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wooooow! That is huge!!! How did you do it? Was it from losing weight? A better training? More strength training in the mix? Anyways, congratulations this is big!!
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing improvement! Well done
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very good!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Options
    Wooooow! That is huge!!! How did you do it? Was it from losing weight? A better training? More strength training in the mix? Anyways, congratulations this is big!!

This race was definitely for more experienced runners and it really helped me because I was trying to keep up with all the other runners. My knees are hurting today though because of it...
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey well done that's amazing! I did the Tewkesbury half on Sunday too, snail pace of 2 hrs 43 though :D not bad since I only had six weeks to train. 24 minutes off your time is an incredible achievement!
  • carinagoesfit
    carinagoesfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) I am already looking forward to my next hm
  • Asher_Ethan
    Options
    Hey well done that's amazing! I did the Tewkesbury half on Sunday too, snail pace of 2 hrs 43 though :D not bad since I only had six weeks to train. 24 minutes off your time is an incredible achievement!

2 hours and 43 minutes is great for not a lot of training! Congrats!!!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's absolutely AMAZING!!!!! Good job. Lots of hard work went into that no doubt
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!