Ready to lose inches and kick start marathon training!

Options
meghanttu08
meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
Hey everyone!! I'm not too new to MFP, but I'm new to the community. I currently live a pretty active lifestyle with running three times a week and strength training three times as well. Since I was at my heaviest in 2012, I have dropped 4-5 pant sizes. I'm excited to start keeping track of my diet to lose my mid section in hopes it will help me on the right track. Since I've been running for one year, I've completed several 5k's and 10k's, and two half marathons in March. I'm training for a couple more halfs this year and my goal is ending the year with a full marathon in December!

Replies

• JVanDillen
    JVanDillen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well there ya go!

It seems like you are doing all the right things! What are you looking for help with if at all?
  • dodgydave9
    dodgydave9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck you will do it!!
  • knasel00
    knasel00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im training for a half marathon too! My first one! Any suggestions?
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    JVanDillen: Weight loss. The more I run/strength train the better my legs are. It's my upper body that's a hot mess lol I know working out is only 30% of weight loss, so any motivation and tips for eating right will be greatly appreciated! I do eat 5 small meals a day, but I'm always hungry due to running long distances. I'm going to start keeping track come June 1st and see where that takes me this summer.

Dodgydave9: Thanks! I hope so! If all else fails I'll drop down to the half marathon, and I'll still be able to get the Dallas Dual! :)

Knasel00: That's so awesome! You have to stay motivated and inspired. I run with a running group here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and they are a great motivation! I tend to do 2 small runs (usually 3-4 miles) during the week, and on Saturday mornings I do my long run. They say to increase mileage no more than 10%. I was increasing mine by one mile per week and was feeling fine. Two weeks til your half should be your longest run...about 10 miles. The week before...maybe 5-6 miles. Tips on race day....if it is a big half marathon, come early for parking! Bring GU gels, have one 30 mins before race time, and another maybe half way. Glide!! When I did Dallas Rock and Roll Half, I didn't glide. My arms and sides were raw and red...not fun! Most important...have fun and not worry about time! It's your first half...you'll PR! My first half I did horrible because it was so hilly and rainy/cold. I was upset but I looked at it like this. I can only get better from here. Two weeks later I ran my second half and beat my time by 10-15 mins! When is your half?