post dinner problems

Options
For the past week or so, I've been eating really well for most of the day. I wake up motivated, but at the end of the day I have a healthy dinner, and then things get bad. I've been losing control and snacking continuously from the time I finish dinner, to whenever I get to bed. This is so frustrating, but I can't seem to stop. Help please!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So do I. I pre-log it and fit it into my calorie goal. Tonight it was a bag of popcorn and 2.3 cups of chocolate frozen yogurt with pb2 and cocoa powder :)

Make it fit! Make sure your deficit is not too aggressive.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    i feel you bro, same problem here
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Try distracting yourself. I have this issue too, and it is really bad when I am watching TV. For distraction I spend quite a bit of time reading these forums, for example. Or, I am self employed, so I will go back up to my office and work. Anything that occupies your brain and breaks the pattern of always thinking what is there in the kitchen that's yummy.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You're not alone by any means. We're called late night snackers. But--I went to an orange for my nightly snack and that worked. Now I am addicted to a nightly orange. Sometimes I'll have one of those Dole Jello cups with a little whipped cream on top to get some sugar. I am now at goal weight but still log in on most days.

You can do this, just change to a couple of snacks and try to make them healthy, and low in calories.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yup me too. I swear i can have a huge dinner and then be craving something immediately. Ive tried to save some calories for that time of day, or eat low cal snacks/drinks (40cal fudgicles, iced or hot coffee), but if i really want something, i just have it. I make sure to limit the amount, but i dont believe in causing myself that much stress over wanting it and not being able to have it. If im reallllly craving it, i give in. But ive found that i have days i go over and under so it kinda evens out. Lots of water or a hot cup of coffee also sometimes help.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Save calories for evening munching ...I even have a meal set in my diary for evening munching, and one for daytime snacks

Keep in foods you love that are good for the calories

Plan a hot bubble bath, paint your nails, go to bed earlier
  • xstevedx
    xstevedx Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I eat extra broccoli with my dinner as a filler and of course the high protein amount in my dinner helps alot since i don't eat carbs at my last meal. Or at least very few very rarely. A big part of this could always be water. Are you well hydrated in the eavnings? When i know im hungrier than i should be late in the day its almost always because i haven't drank water in a while. Personally I usually take in over a gallon, but i train quite hard.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    So do I. I pre-log it and fit it into my calorie goal. Tonight it was a bag of popcorn and 2.3 cups of chocolate frozen yogurt with pb2 and cocoa powder :)

Make it fit! Make sure your deficit is not too aggressive.

Ditto! I pre log and always make sure I have calories/macros for my night snacking :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Make room for evening snacks in your daily calorie goal. Find things that are lower calorie but still satisfying. I like air-popped pop corn with real melted butter (so I can control how much goes on). Edy's Slow Churned ice cream lets me have more volume for less calories. A bowl of cereal can be a good snack. Low cal popsicles, chips and salsa, fruit and dip, and roasted chick peas are good too.

Just measure and log everything and you'll be fine.
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you have post dinner problems, then intermittent fasting is for you, I have dinner around 9:30/10pm then don't eat again until noon next day. Helps me stay in a deficit and prevents post dinner binging because there are sufficient calories for dinner. Takes a week to get used to