Trouble keeping nutrition balanced

Options
khk2010
khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
Anyone else have a hard time keeping their nutrition goals balanced?

I am always under in carbs and fats. (if I wasn't trying to eat "good and healthy" it might be easier :-)
I know I need these in my diet and am trying to get into better balance.

Any tips on getting enough healthy carbs and good fats?

Replies

• SonyaVelonis
    Options
    Are you familiar with Clean eating?
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with Clean eating?

No
  • Bellagraham33
    Bellagraham33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I am not the only one who has a hard time nutrition goal. I have 1900 cal to eat .too much for me to eat. Diabetes is harder to keep track with weird cards
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good fats include peanut butter, butter, sour cream, full-fat salad dressing, avocados, nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, flax seeds.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Not just you I still struggle on fats too.

Using full fat healthy oils to cook and dress salads, peanut butter goes in anything sweet. (The sweeter desert type stuff hides the taste pretty well) high fat nuts go in all my cereals, ice creams and drinks. Stop buying light dairy if you are, my life became much easier when I broke the low fat habit.

For carbs could add oats or brans to things? Like in you shakes and casseroles etc, long as I hit protein and fat I'm not too bothered with carbs so not got much advice.
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My carbs go through the ceiling since I added fruits, yum yum :) My protein is low. Fats lol no problem, also gets too much!! I need to cut this down.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lack of information. What is your macros set at, and why? Why don't you just eat a little less "good and healthy"? What are good carbs and healthy fats?