hi... ive lost 22.5kgs since jan 2 2015

Options
Hi,
First time poster here but i guess i didnt want to say anything until i had something to say.
Well, ive been using my fitness pal since jan 2 with the motivation being fit at 50 which happens in december this year.
I was 115kgs and very unhappy with myself.
20 weeks later im 92.5 kgs and alot happier... And thinner.
Anyway i hope others can feel like its possible from what ive achieved as ive always had trouble with my weight but this has given me long term hope. By the way, i havent started exercising yet. I start that when i reach my goal of 30 kgs lost. I needed to know i could lose weight just by managing my input before i started any exercise. Good news is i can.
Anyway thanks for listening. Im pretty proud of myself... For a change.
:-)

Replies

• watchursize
    watchursize Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • MHKKAK
    MHKKAK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That's awesome! How did you do it? I've been following my caloric guidelines (which are pretty low at 1200 per day) and I'm not losing at a rate that I am happy with.....and I exercise 4 times a week. Am I doing something wrong?
    Congrats!
  • straith50
    straith50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks,
    I can really only speak from my point of view and experience but I just put in the goal (30kg) and amount I wanted to lose per week (1kg).
    The amount calculated for that result was 6280 kilojoules (divide by 4 for calories i think) per day.
    I didnt start exercise for a number of reasons but one of them was that i didnt want to setup an exercise reliant control of my weight. Also having a build that puts on muscle quite easily i didnt want to put weight on whether it was muscle or fat purely because i knew i needed the weight loss as a perpetual motivator.
    Maybe the differential between what i used to consume as against when i started the diet was the key? I used to consume many times my current daily allowance.
    1200 calories seems a bit low to me. Not sure how long you've been on the diet but many experts refer to the feast and famine modes of the body. Eat too little and the body tries to conserve its reserves to survive. Not really sure if its true but id also look at the type of foods too.
    Fibrous vegetables and complex carbs like beans and lentils can make the body work harder when consuming. Coarse grains too. I know... They arent very exciting foods but no one said it was going to be easy. It does get easier but starting it is hard.
    I guess there's no "secret" as everyone's different but probably my best mental weapon is the way i look at food now.
    You see I consider myself addicted to food.
    I gave up smoking nearly 24 years ago and this is very similar, except i love food more.
    So as a result i am very strict with my daily intake and literally record everything i consume the moment i consume it including water. Also i have two teaspoons of psyllium husks in water every day and drink lots of water every day.
    Pretty sure the water and psyllium make a big difference. Oh yeah ive given up all alcohol while im working to my goal too.
    Anyway hope some of this helped.
    Cheers