54 -need to lose 35 pounds !. I lose motivation quickly!

Options
I need friends that will stick to healthy eating and exercise until our goals are met. I constantly quit once I see some success! ! I want to break this cycle and lose it all!

Replies

• Progress4me4ever
    Progress4me4ever Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Totally!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why would you quit when you see success? Split it up into mini diets of maybe 5/10 pounds and dont start until you are commited to losing it all. That has to be a conversation you have with yourself. The commitment could be anywhere from 30-50 weeks.
  • brenjhb
    brenjhb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. 49 yo with a goal of 40 lbs. I, too, struggle with commitment. Please let me know if you would like to friend me for mutual support.
  • pbkkcn
    pbkkcn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take it one day one pound at a time and get some friends to go on the program with you. I have been on 264 days and lost 58 pounds and could not have done it without my 4 fitness pals. We check in with sa h other and monitor our successes and email each other reminders to diary and best of all we celebrate our successes

• calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, female, and need to lose 20-30 lb! And I am actually RE starting today. Want to motivate each other?
  • shandypop27
    shandypop27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please dont give up when you succeed, let it spur you on to lose some more. In fact buy yourself something nice to wear. I am there if you need support. Keep up the good work.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MFP friends and being part of a group with those that face the same challenges as I do has really helped me stay plugged in.

If you interested in an active 50+ year old support group, click the link below.

MFP - Fifty plus (or so) Support Group
  • Lisanotoriginal
    Lisanotoriginal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hear you Happy Mamma. I had a great Monday through Friday last week and the weekend comes = I am a disaster. I would love a fitness pal to get to goal with.