Looking for older friends with a lot to lose.

Options
I'm a 60-year-old woman, new to My Fitness Pal, planning to start tracking my food tomorrow. I've been looking at the community page and it seems like mostly younger people on here. Would be very interested to hear from anyone who's over 50, especially anyone with a lot of weight to lose. Would be so nice to have someone to share this long and overwhelming journey with who understands and can relate to both morbid obesity and age factors. I weigh more than double what I should, but my ticker is just set at 40 pounds for now-- I figure 40 pounds is overwhelming enough to think about. I eat too much and sit too much and need to work on both before they do me in.

Replies

• exelbyplumpton
    exelbyplumpton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    snap. My problem to. Going to be positive tomorrow.because it's dragging me down.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request
  • debsdoingthis
    Options
    wow deactivated account already

• wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 years old and have about 60 lbs to lose. It's really hard for me because I spent the first 35 years of my life trying to gain or maintain my weight (instead of losing). I've had fasting-blood-sugar problems for many years, and I just tipped over to type 2 diabetes. I'm going to start the 2-day diabetes diet seriously tomorrow. I hope I can stick to it. Maybe we can help each other.
  • serraluna
    serraluna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No, not deactivated, still here... not sure why you got that message. Would appreciate the friend request.
  • debsdoingthis
    Options
    I keep getting the message acct deactivated. Oh well, you are welcome to add me! (over 50 with a lot to lose as well)
  • serraluna
    Options
    So nice to see there are some people close to my age! Thanks for the responses... friend requests sent.
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I got the deactivated message too. Feel free to add me if you're still around!
  • serraluna
    Options
    I'll keep checking back here since people are getting that deactivated message.
  • debsdoingthis
    Options
    Just checked my home page and didn't receive a request from you. I think your acct is having issues. might want to try logging out and back in :)
  • serraluna
    Options
    Well, this is frustrating. : (
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    you can 'friend' me, I'm over 50 and have 100 lbs. to lose. Your account is not available to me.
  • jtlocker
    jtlocker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!
  • Artndzne
    Artndzne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love for all y'all to add me. I'm 60 and need to lose over 100 pounds, I can use lots of acountability buddies!
  • kimmieg08
    kimmieg08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and seeking to lose 35 pounds. Ten years ago, I lost 43 pounds in less than a year by just changing my eating habits. This time around it's a really slow go thanks to my age. :neutral: I need lots of accountability. Please add me--I'd love some company and support on this journey.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    There is a group for older people, the "50 Plus (or so) Support Group", look at the blue sections at the top of the page and click on the Groups link and search for it. Also, use the search link under the Message Boards header for "55-65 year old women's success?". Lots of people under these links, and some good reads.
  • lunaserra
    lunaserra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's me, Serra-- I decided to delete that other account and try again with a new account. Thanks again for the responses and I'll try to send friend requests again.
  • lunaserra
    lunaserra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SbetaK, I couldn't find a way to search the groups.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here is a link to the group:
    MFP - Fifty plus (or so) Support Group

See this thread if you would like to search for other MFP groups:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10057505/group-search-a-google-work-around#latest