Too much loss?

Options
I started last Tuesday weighing in at 234.6. Following my fitness app and exercising 6 days a week at 45 minutes and a mile walk with the dog. I weighed in this morning 1 weeks at 228.4. That's a big loss but it's probably all the water weight and lack of crap I've been eating right?

Replies

• empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Enjoy those big numbers. When I've been off track and get back to it usually post a really great first and sometimes second week.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    most likely water weight. Enjoy those big numbers, they are by far harder to come by once you've lost the water weight :-) Keep it up and great job getting started.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    right, don't worry too much about big losses the fist couple weeks, most likely you will settle into a slower rate soon
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs in my first week and I started with only 45 lbs to lose. It is normal to lose a lot the first week. It is about half water weight usually. It slows down after the first couple weeks.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Azrrt wrote: »
    I started last Tuesday weighing in at 234.6. Following my fitness app and exercising 6 days a week at 45 minutes and a mile walk with the dog. I weighed in this morning 1 weeks at 228.4. That's a big loss but it's probably all the water weight and lack of crap I've been eating right?

it's that part - that I bolded :bigsmile: .. less food in your intestine, lots of water loss, a little bit of fat loss

keep it up - it will all average out
  • Azrrt
    Azrrt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just noticed I had my activity level at lightly act when I am exercising 6 days. Should I change it to very active to allow more calories?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I just noticed I had my activity level at lightly act when I am exercising 6 days. Should I change it to very active to allow more calories?

I would use the more conservative estimate and then re-evaluate after a couple of months. If you are losing faster than predicted raise it to the next level.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

The activity level is what you do without exercise. The exercise id added to your calories so you can eat them and still have a deficit. If you have a desk job, sedentary, if you have a waitress job, lightly active, and so on.
  • LegendOfErin
    LegendOfErin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No I don't think that is too much. When you have more to lose, it is typical to lose more at first (not all cases but it's common).