Need motivation buddies who struggle every day

Options
I wanted to share a little about myself. I'm 37 years old and 40 pounds over weight. I gained a bit with my pregnancy and now it's been 2.5 years and I'm not any thinner. This weight loss journey has been really mentally challenging as I lose weight and gain it back, count calories and exercise and then quit over and over and over again. I really need someone who is in a similar boat as me to motivate each other. I can't tell you how many times I have tried this and failed. I just hope that one day I won't fail.

Replies

• dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My weight is an constant source of frustration. For far too long I have been on a the weight lost rollercoaster. I will lose weight, only to gain all of it back plus more. I am finally ready to consistently make healthy choices. I will send you a friend request. We can do this together.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs a few years ago by doing the HCG diet. Now I feel like I cut eating bad things way down and workout a lot more and I cannot seem to make the scale budge. If I do it just goes back up again. :(
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I feel the same!
  • kdegrand
    kdegrand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's hard being the mom of a little one and creating time for a healthy routine for us! Not to mention grabing snacks on the go or sharing toddler meals... I'm in the same place and know I'm ready to make the change but friends away's help to celebrate the good, encourage through the hard days!
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ladies you got this. May I suggest...weightlifting? It has changed my life.
  • sarahtay1209
    sarahtay1209 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds just like mine. Having support helps improve success! Please friend me if you like!
  • dakota8855
    dakota8855 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear u!! My story is the same. Trying to stay on track this time. I'm done 8lbs and I have been walking at night. Please friend me and we can support each other!!!
  • Cathyali
    Cathyali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 and 5 yr old and would love to be FP friends! I'm looking for more support myself
  • ErinOrtman
    ErinOrtman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also am looking for support!! Mom of three young boys and I can't seem to stop the yoyo of weight!!
  • JenErie
    JenErie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please friend me! I'm also here looking for support & motivation.
  • pamelalavine
    pamelalavine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jrochat99 wrote: »
    I wanted to share a little about myself. I'm 37 years old and 40 pounds over weight. I gained a bit with my pregnancy and now it's been 2.5 years and I'm not any thinner. This weight loss journey has been really mentally challenging as I lose weight and gain it back, count calories and exercise and then quit over and over and over again. I really need someone who is in a similar boat as me to motivate each other. I can't tell you how many times I have tried this and failed. I just hope that one day I won't fail.

• jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I guess we are all in the same boat. Got 3, 2 years old and a 6 months old baby all in a span of 4 years. I'm only 5 feet and weigh 151. Went back to yoga a couple of weeks now and started c25k. I'm just dying to get my old body back.
  • SLVUnit
    SLVUnit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Same as you girls. ..37 yrs old and still losing n gaining the same 20 pounds (10kgs roughly) spent many yrs starting with great progress n then falling into bad habits again.
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Why do we do this to ourselves? I have been struggling for years. I would start weight watchers do good for ONE week then just give up (this has happened several times) Or start walking n then make some excuse n just stop. I have stuck with MFP for over a month and that is a HUGE accomplishment for me. BUT I struggle with working out, I do good then stop for several days. :neutral:
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I Know Where You Can Get the Motivation And Support You Need!.. please Add Me !
  • susiebabygirl
    susiebabygirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to stay motivated...I'm sure everyone on here can relate!! You've just got to always remember how far you've come and the reason you started your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • gatormomton
    gatormomton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm tonja!! I would love new friends for the motivation , support, and encouragement likewise!! so excited about this ap.