Insanity workout

Has anybody done the insanity workout? Tried to do it before but struggled to fit it in with my day to day life. Does anybody have any advice on the workout or any suggestions when best to do it. Got 38lbs to lose by July.

Replies

• Mickey1413
    Mickey1413 Posts: 15 Member
    You should do it I lose 25 pounds my first round and I'm starting round two today. It is tuff but if you push yourself you'll see results
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    I started attending Insanity classes at my Gym a few weeks ago, before hand, even the thought of it made me feel sick as I heard how intense it was but the instructor gives "simplification" moves incase you feel your struggling, do they not have these simplified moves on the DVD's? I had to use them the first couple of sessions but now I get through them OK and it does become easier and more enjoyable....I think helps that I do them in a class so it motivates me more to stay on track, I dont think I would put 100% into it if I was doing it at home by myself!
  • AinhoaIndurain
    AinhoaIndurain Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, i start today week two of insanity. It is difficult to fit in the day but I think it's worth it. I find myself "loosing" less time at other things like on the internet or watching TV.
    I find it more difficult to keep up with nutrition.
    I personally prefer to do it in the morning because it gets you ready for the rest of the day! If I have to do it later on the day I feel very lazy and more hesitant. I always try to think or have ready the snack I have after the workout, to feel motivated.
    Hope I could be of some help :)
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    The best time to do it is when it fits your schedule. Time generally is not the real issue. Its more likely just changing the way you spend your down time. When my wife and I started we had to force ourselves to bed earlier at night so that we could get up earlier and get it done first thing before life gets in the way.

Insanity is a very difficult program and typically not great for beginners. 38 lbs in a month or two is really not something you should be aiming for. Typically 1-2 lbs a week is what you should aim for in order to make lasting changes.