Q for the mommies?

Options
To those who are trying to lose the weight: do past pictures of yourself inspire you or make you feel down?

For me it's both. Sometimes I get kinda sad thinking that my belly will never be that toned again - yet *usually* I'm at peace with it because it did a wonderful thing for me: carried my little one for 9 beautiful months.

How about you?

Edited to add: What got me thinking about this was going through pictures of when my body was in tip-top shape. I can't decide if it inspires me or not. I was thinking about posting them to help inspire me but on the other hand I get a bit sad when I look at them! haha

Replies

• NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I try not to obsess over them. I was a different person then. Focus on being the best you can be. I've had two kids and I'm not 19 anymore. It took me a while to get here, but I have decided to be the best me at every stage in my life. Childbirth and age change you and there is nothing we can do about it, but embrace it.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Don't be sad... I look better now than I EVER did before having children.. and I've had a lot. You'll get there and beyond... don't lose hope b/c it is possible with hard work!

**Edit to add- I've also been diagnosed hypothyroid due to Hashimoto's for almost 10 years... so don't let that deter you either!**
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies <3<3
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I was a super fatty before, so I really don't have much to pine for. Yeah, I went from 220 in college to 142 after graduation, but I never felt especially toned or thin. Right now I know we're having more kids really soon and am not as worried as getting back into forever shape, I'll save that until we're done! You're still BFing a lot, right? That makes a difference, too. I bet whenever you wean you'll see results you're happier with :) It's not for forever!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I was a super fatty before, so I really don't have much to pine for. Yeah, I went from 220 in college to 142 after graduation, but I never felt especially toned or thin. Right now I know we're having more kids really soon and am not as worried as getting back into forever shape, I'll save that until we're done! You're still BFing a lot, right? That makes a difference, too. I bet whenever you wean you'll see results you're happier with :) It's not for forever!
    Yep, still breastfeeding tonnes. Lately, Sky wants it more often than normal - not sure why. I find it interesting how BF helps some women lose weight and others to hold onto it! TY for the kind words : )
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't have many pictures of me pre-baby as when we moved house 4 years ago my computer got wiped. I have a few and mostly I find them a bit depressing that I'm older now. At 22 I couldn't imaging ever being as old as 33. I have better hair now, though. I spent most of my 20s with terrible hair cuts!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I miss how I looked a few years ago. 5 years after having my first baby I finally took charge and lost 60lbs. Then I had the second and lost all my baby weight (and a bit more) again. Then baby #3 came along....I am still holding on to 30lbs and he is 18 months old. I don't look at a picture,but I do have all my clothes from "before" and i WILL fit them again. Every once in ahwile when I am thinking of giving up I pull out my jeans and remember why I am doing it. I love those jeans.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    When I look at pictures pre-baby I think "pff, and I thought I was fat then..." and then I get determined, haha. I try not to let it get me down. I ate when I was hungry and I was hungry ALL THE TIME, haha. I chalk it down to, I was feeding my baby and when tummy growled, I shut it up.. haha
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When I got pregnant I weighed 30 pounds more than I do now.... but I was happier, so I'm not sure what's motivating me.