Tuna

Options
bmarie1920981
bmarie1920981 Posts: 26 Member
my husband bought a bunch of those garlic herb tuna packets for deployment and I still have a bunch here. Not a huge tuna fan, any favorite recipes I could try out?

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I like to add one of the packets to a can of drained/rinsed chickpeas and make a sort of salad out of it. A little olive oil and vinegar, chopped onion and some black pepper and you're good to go.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I add tuna to pasta for a great pasta salad. Using high fiber is even a bigger plus.
  • doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes, I love this tuna sweet potato jackets recipe at around 300kcal (I use a lot more tuna mix/potato).
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Maybe try making tuna casserole, pasta salad with lots veggies and cheese or if you really don't like them how about donating to a food pantry or shelter.
  • bmarie1920981
    bmarie1920981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The good shelter is where they are going if I can't find a use for them. I've been cleaning out so its one of my stops anyway. They are such a good source of protein that I wanted to give them a fair shake :-)
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have a special recipe for tuna that makes it taste quite a bit like shrimp cocktail. It is my own concoction. Now it's the only way I like tuna.
    1 tin tuna
    bit of diced onion
    1 celery stalk diced
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    1 teaspoon horseradish
    2 tablespoons *kitten* brand sweet chili sauce for chicken.
    stir and eat.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like to mold it into tuna cakes with a little egg, scallion, and pan sear.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I take a can of tuna and mix it with veggies, horseradish, and a tablespoon of salad dressing. I also add some seasonings like garlic powder or non-salt seasoning. Yum!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Add diced hard boiled egg,relish of your choice,fine diced green or red peppers & a bit of ranch dressing,serve on shredded lettuce with grape tomatoes.
  • barb106
    barb106 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Add some light mayo and stuff into hollowed out cherry tomatoes.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This could also be good in bell peppers with some cheese sprinkled on top and baked in the oven.
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I packet of tuna, a half of an avocado, 2tbsp of light miracle whip, mix it up and eat it on shredded lettuce with grape tomatoes.
  • SianOdell
    SianOdell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i like tuna mixed with a tbsp of low fat mayo and a tsp of english mustard then served with thinly sliced cucumber and a little bit of this delicious salad from skinny taste. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/southwestern-black-bean-salad.html I just omit the avocado (don't like it and its less calories) and use black eyed beans instead of black beans. I use this salad recipe a lot. Even the hubby loves it!