what does your stomach look like?

Options
NewMeAB2015
NewMeAB2015 Posts: 24 Member
Hello all, so i have a good 65lbs to lose, I have a couple of stretch marks and a big ol belly. I would like to get advice on how to end up with a nice stomach and not flabby?. I would love to see pictures of your results! :)

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I read that blog but I am still curious about stretch marks, will they disappear on your stomach or become less noticeable. I have never had them so it wasnt an issue, but now I have developed some and I hope they will go away
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I read that blog but I am still curious about stretch marks, will they disappear on your stomach or become less noticeable. I have never had them so it wasnt an issue, but now I have developed some and I hope they will go away

Mine never did, they are scars on your skin. I kinda like them though... they never bugged me.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

You're stuck. Stretch marks never go away. They are forever a part of you, but they may fade.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks do fade. If your pic is any indication you're fair and they will look all cool and silvery. I like mine!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks but I'm not overly bothered by them (and they're quite bad...stomach, hips, thighs, butt, boobs, everywhere). They do fade out. My profile pic is my before/current. You can't see them very well but in my experience they improve with time.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    img_1229.jpg
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I've heard that putting coconut oil on 1/day after a shower can help with stretchmarks. I don't have stretch marks really so I can't give a testimonial. However I have used it as a moisturizer and it is amazing. It is relatively inexpensive ($5 a jar near me) so what can it hurt to try?
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    From Consumer Reports: "See a dermatologist. Certain laser treatments can sometimes reduce redness and smooth skin so that scars are not as apparent, Crutchfield [professor of dermatology, Univ of Minnesota] says. 'Topical products my patients find helpful to improve the appearance of stretch marks and scars include prescription tretinoin-containing products (such as Renova) and Lac-Hydrin.'" Over-the-counter products he recommends: AmLactin, Kelo-cote, Mederma, and Dermatix."
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I typically don't promote specific products for anyone since everyone is different, However, I do like Palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks. Funny caveat though, I used it when I was getting "bigger" during my pregnancy and again when I lost the baby fat and the result was no stretch marks. (After a gain and loss of 60lbs over 12 mos. your results may vary.)

So, the conclusion of the experiment is I don't know if you need to apply (before) while the stretch is occurring! LOL.

I have dry skin so I'm trying it again as I lose weight again, only this time 12 years later it's on my thighs. Arg!

Jello belly. :smile:

• usmcmp
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

By the way, I wrote this and here are my pictures.

IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg

I still have stretch marks and I also have loose skin
    20130520_195337_zpsf9dd4e59.jpg
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Eeeerm, Jabba the Hutt springs to mind whenever I look in the mirror, its not a pretty sight I'm afraid, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to have surgery soon to tighten it. Although the stretch marks will always be there, they're proof that I've lived and given life to four fantastic kids!

Don't try and lose weight too quickly, give your skin chance to adapt to a gentle weight loss, and lots of moisturiser. Although my skin has lots of stretch marks it is in pretty good condition for an old'un...... but my inner thighs and my arms? Yuck!

3894102.png
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello all, so i have a good 65lbs to lose, I have a couple of stretch marks and a big ol belly. I would like to get advice on how to end up with a nice stomach and not flabby?. I would love to see pictures of your results! :)

My profile picture was taken a few weeks ago. I'm a 36 year old mom of three kids, and my stomach isn't flabby at all. I had to lose enough weight though, get my bf % down and then body-weight strength training has also helped with ab definition.

As for stretch marks, I have a few and they've faded over time. My youngest is 7 and you can't see them anymore, unless you're looking hard for them.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »

By the way, I wrote this and here are my pictures.

IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg

I still have stretch marks and I also have loose skin
    20130520_195337_zpsf9dd4e59.jpg

You are so awesomely brave! :) Fantastic Progress!
  • rossraskolnikov
    rossraskolnikov Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try needling for stretch marks: owndoc.com

Endermologie is supposed to be good for all manner of skin issues too: http://www.realself.com/Endermologie/reviews

Both are cheap, non-invasive and pretty much risk-free. Ive done a little needling and am going to try endermologie when I can find the cash. :)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The stretch marks will not go away. Neither will all the loose skin. But, as usmcmp shows, you can still get it flat. I plan to get a tummy tuck and get rid of the extra flab once I tighten it up as much as possible.
  • NewMeAB2015
    NewMeAB2015 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for the responses, is there anyway of determining whether you will end up with flab?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Thank u all for the responses, is there anyway of determining whether you will end up with flab?

No. Your skin may tighten easily, it may take time to tighten and it may never tighten. If you were told you'd always have loose skin would you just give up?
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    cbe7uprnp2e3.jpg

166 vs 125. Still a work in progress!
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    k6qof0o2by42.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!