Wine !!

Options
Kate37KMC
Kate37KMC Posts: 15 Member
Any advice on low calorie drinks! I love my wine at night but two glasses too calorific!! Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• cstolka
    cstolka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I quit sodas and my beloved sweet tea almost cold turkey but after about a month of just water I started craving flavor so I started using the MIO water enhancer and ended up finding they had sweet tea flavor. So I end up drinking more water now. If your original question was in reference to adult beverages then I'll sit patiently and watch others respond because from what I've seen we're pretty much SOL when it comes to alcohol. I'm a rum connoisseur and it's made of pure sugar cane so for me life's like standing outside of a bakery window looking in.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Water's a low-calorie drink.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I run to earn my drinking calories.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The skinny girl wines aren't terrible... but personally if I want a glass of good wine at night, I just try to keep my calories under and just limit myself to one glass.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Any alcohol will have calories. There are some low-cal wines out there, but I’d rather make some room for wine calories. I have a small glass of dry red wine fairly often. It’s around 80 cals for 100g, which isn’t so bad.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    A shot of vodka mixed with Crystal light, and then you're getting your water too. Or you could make a wine spritzer with ginger ale or club soda. I use some of my exercise cals for wine.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I like my wine too. And the occasional beer. Low-cal substitutes, unfortunately, don't taste good. They're the worst of both worlds: they still have some calories, and they don't fulfill the taste desires.

I find it's better to moderate. I don't drink about 4 nights per week. Instead, I have tea. The other nights, I make sure to do enough exercise so I can still maintain a calorie deficit and have that glass or two.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1shauna1 wrote: »
    A shot of vodka mixed with Crystal light, and then you're getting your water too. Or you could make a wine spritzer with ginger ale or club soda. I use some of my exercise cals for wine.

Uh, what? Not sure how consuming a diuretic counts as "getting your water".

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I drink one glass at night. 5 oz is about 125 calories. I see that The Republic of Tea has a new "tea" that's not made with tea leaves but grape skins and other fruits then you brew it like you would tea for a sangria-like taste. I haven't tried it yet because at the time I put in my tea order it wasn't available but I believe it is now.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I make sure I have enough calories for my one glass of wine.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think wine is worth saving calories for (or exercising to earn extra calories)
  • ag08800
    ag08800 Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kate37KMC wrote: »
    Any advice on low calorie drinks! I love my wine at night but two glasses too calorific!! Many thanks in advance!
    Whiskey, you can drink whiskey for 1 fl oz that's like 60-90 calories and one shot per hour is good enough, plus it's best to start drinking at 9-10PM instead of all day or in the evening.

• ag08800
    ag08800 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ^But drink whiskey or 1 shot with diet pepsi, diet coke, etc.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I have cut way back on my drinking, only once or twice a week, which luckily has also lowered my tolerance, so I still get the desired feeling, but no negative consequences the next day. :)
    I stick to 1-2 drinks, with a shot of vodka (only 70 calories) and non-caloric mixers like ICE flavored sparkling water, or diet tonic with MIO added. If I really want beer, I do extra cardio, and stick to no more than 2 good, strong beers. Light beers just aren't worth the bother to me.
  • Kate37KMC
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies great advice! X
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note:
    Alcohol can't be stored in the body, so it has to be metabolized until it's out of the blood stream. During this time, no other energy source (carbs, fat) is used. You burn the most body fat sleeping (fat is the preferred fuel at rest). However if you have alcohol in your system when you're sleeping, you're not burning that body fat.
    So my advice is if you're going to drink, make sure it's not too close when you're going to bed for the night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Kate37KMC
    Options
    That's brilliant thanks never knew that !