Alternative to P90X

Options
So I have gained 9 pounds in the last month. I am now 274 and I cant continue this way. I have been interested in doing P90X but I am not interested in paying P90X prices. I found a 90 day workout challenge called XTFMax on Amazon and the reviews are good. Is there anyone else who have done the XTFmax 90 workout program?

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    What is it about P90x that interests you? What are your goals? Do you have equipment at home? Any limitations?
  • izziflo
    izziflo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well P90X looks like it wont bore me. My goal is to lose weight and the equipment I have at home are weights, bands and a yoga mat. Other than being out of shape, I really don't have any limitations.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    Do you have a smartTV or laptop to plug in? Check out FitnessBlender.com (or their youtube channel). They have a lot of free workouts and some really inexpensive programs to follow. A lot of people follow them, they're good instructors and you'll get a lot of variety. Plus if you don't want to follow a program you can just pick from all of the youtube workouts for free.
  • izziflo
    Options
    wow! thanks for this information.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    izziflo wrote: »
    wow! thanks for this information.

You're very welcome :) In the past year or so online workouts have really blown up and a lot of people don't know about it yet. Youtube is a goldmine these days. Jessica Smith is another one I follow, she has a huge variety in terms of intensity ie she goes from walking-in-place videos up to full out hiit workouts.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    First of all, if you're gaining weight the issue is not in exercise the issue is in your nutrition and not eating in a manner that supports weight loss. That has to be fixed first and foremost.

Cheap alternatives to P90X, "Fitness Blender" on YouTube is free and more or less the same thing as P90X.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If you're really wanting to do P90X but don't want to buy the dvds you can actually get on demand and have access to P90X as well as several other Beachbody programs. Its a great way to try it and if you find you don't like it you still have access to other great in home programs.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you're really wanting to do P90X but don't want to buy the dvds you can actually get on demand and have access to P90X as well as several other Beachbody programs. Its a great way to try it and if you find you don't like it you still have access to other great in home programs.

Second this:
    Or if you don't want to do BB on demand, you can try Supreme 90, which you can get on Amazon, or sometimes I see it in Dicks Sporting Goods or Target, for $19.99. It is the same concept as P90X, which I did before switching over to BB. I really liked it and had good results.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Pick a video. Any video. There's like, a gajillion of them for free. It's near impossible to get bored from doing the same thing over and over:

https://youtube.com/user/BeFit
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    First of all, if you're gaining weight the issue is not in exercise the issue is in your nutrition and not eating in a manner that supports weight loss. That has to be fixed first and foremost.

Cheap alternatives to P90X, "Fitness Blender" on YouTube is free and more or less the same thing as P90X.

+1 address the reason why you are gaining first. Fitness blender paid progs are pretty good value imo.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'd just add that Beachbody has a free 30 day trial for their on demand video library (P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Insanity, Brazilian Butt Lift, PiYo, and many others). I'm one week into my free trial and so far really enjoying it. Not sure if I'll subscribe when I'm done, but even if I did for another two months it would still only be $24 to do the whole P90X3 cycle.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I started running. And I kept running, even when it didn't seem to be working.
  • izziflo
    Options
    The weight gain is due to the insane amount of stress u am experiencing at work. I am addressing it by looking for another job and having good snacks available at work k for me such as fruits and nuts.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    izziflo wrote: »
    The weight gain is due to the insane amount of stress u am experiencing at work.

I can definitely relate to the impact of stress on one's mood and energy level, but stress itself is not forcing you to eat food you shouldn't be eating. You have to find a healthier way to manage your stress. Having healthy snacks as you mentioned will help, but exercise will not fix this problem. Well, exercise could at least help you manage your stress better but it won't fix the behavior of managing the stress you do have with poor or excessive food choices.
  • JTB51
    JTB51 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have noticed around June or July Beachbody will have a spring/summer sale. Some of the programs were up to 50% off keep an eye open for it, because it doesn't last long. Or you can look into p90, it is a little cheaper.