How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I like to see movement but have not even lost an ounce in 19 day's. :(
BBcode

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to have much to lose. Progress is slow when you are close to goal.

I weigh every morning.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself daily - its part of my morning routine. I also know the body weight fluctuates, and comparing day to day isn't a great way to determine progress. Do you weigh less now than 30 days ago? If so that is a good sign. If your weight hasn't fluctuated at all in 19 days, I'd check the batteries in the scale as its normal to go up and down somewhat.

Other than that, make sure you're logging calories in accurately (food scale, accounting for all you eat, drink) and not overestimating your burn. Are you consistent? Or do you log some meals and/or days and not all of them?
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I remember tho never during school breaks my schedule gets so weird that I go maintenance for the week or so I'm out. Give once a week a shot
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. But if the lack of change on the scale is demotivating then do tape measurements instead, or just do a weekly weigh in.

@StaciMarie1974 gave some good advice, but just to add - if you are being consistent and accurate in your tracking, then I would look at recalculating your intake. Without seeing your log, I can't comment specifically, but just make sure it has balance and structure, and is tailored to your current metabolic state. Can I ask how you are tracking and how you calculated your intake?
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week at the gym.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The closer I got to my weight loss goal, the less frequently I weighed myself. I'm now down to about once every week or two, just to make sure I'm still headed in my desired direction. These days, though, I look at the mirror and my workout log for results moreso than the scale.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i used to weigh every day but i switched and now i only weigh once per month. i have monthly goals all leading to my ultimate loss goal december 25.
  • Donna_Byrd
    Donna_Byrd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and average the weights weekly. I like data and look at the trends.
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    joeboland wrote: »
    The closer I got to my weight loss goal, the less frequently I weighed myself. I'm now down to about once every week or two, just to make sure I'm still headed in my desired direction. These days, though, I look at the mirror and my workout log for results moreso than the scale.

Good advice! The scale is just a tool to track progress - it isn't a defining factor in overall body composition, and certainly not the only tool. I used to rely solely on weekly progress pictures because the scale weight was frustrating for me and I fixated on it.
  • wfarrens
    wfarrens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find that the numbers influence me way too much, so I only weigh-in once per month. I'm intentionally losing at a very slow pace anyhow (about .5 lbs a week), so this works better for me.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in Friday mornings after I've woken up and went to the loo.
  • Donna_Byrd
    Donna_Byrd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone