Need Advice, trying to buy a fitness dvd to exercise to

Options
I was wondering what do you consider to be a good dvd to exercise to , something that is not too difficult to follow and won't get me bored too easily. Any recommendations of something that you might have tried and has worked for you? Thank you for your help and advice.

Replies

• daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? They have great streaming videos.....then you can try them out and decide if you want to buy them.

Also, the library usually has exercise DVDs.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs is really fun! And I like a couple of Biggest Loser dvds... Cardio Max, and Power Sculpt. Both great work outs and have 3 levels so you can work your intensity up.
  • toneishakeefer
    Options
    Definitely Brazil Butt Lift! I did it and lost 10 lbs and kept them off for about 11 months so far! Also, i haven't tried it but the Zumba videos are supposed to be really fun too. if you want easier DO NOT buy P90X or Insanity. Slim in 6 is supposed to be good for beginners. I also love my bodylastics bands. They have a website (free) that has differernt shows to do with multiple episodes so they never get boring...been using that for 2 months now (love it!!!). I can work out at home in a small space and really get a good workout
  • mykismitty
    mykismitty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It's great because you following "real" people not a stick body builder and the best part is you can go from a 30 min workout to a 50 min workout as you are ready.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I like doing 30 Day Shred. It's something I enjoy doing that's not as intense as Insanity.
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just tried The Biggest Loser Boot Camp and liked it. You can customize your workout and it has different levels to try.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    turbo jam cardio part mix # 2
  • romiga
    romiga Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire! It has a section just for beginners so you can ease into the workouts and build intensity as you go. I did slim in 6 a few years back, it was okay but it gets old fast in my opinion.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I like the biggest loser videos but be careful if you are very heavy/out of shape. I did the whole video on the first try when I was just starting exercise and I couldn't walk for a week without literally bursting into tears with each step!

I actually don't buy videos because I think they all get boring after a while. I borrow from the library for a week then exchange. There are some workouts that I've borrowed several times but I don't buy them.
  • cynraz
    cynraz Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas and responses, will definetly look into them; its really helpful to know what others do and enjoy, thank you! : )
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I was wondering what do you consider to be a good dvd to exercise to , something that is not too difficult to follow and won't get me bored too easily. Any recommendations of something that you might have tried and has worked for you? Thank you for your help and advice.

I know a great DVD called Turbo Jam, its really fun and have fun moves and music. If you want information on it I can give you a link to preview the video...its great!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs is really fun! And I like a couple of Biggest Loser dvds... Cardio Max, and Power Sculpt. Both great work outs and have 3 levels so you can work your intensity up.

I'm so glad you said Hip Hop Abs is fun. My boyfriend bought it like a year ago and I've been wanting to try it lol
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options

I'm so glad you said Hip Hop Abs is fun. My boyfriend bought it like a year ago and I've been wanting to try it lol

It is fun! I feel more like he's teaching you a hip hop dance routine and not like I'm "working out". You definitely get up a good sweat. Give 'em a shot! :)
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ive just finished jillian michaels 30 day shred which is only a max of 25 mins a day and lost 6lbs and a total of 11 inches so id deffo give this dvd a hit
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor....hit the library before you buy! Check out a few and find one you like, then buy one. They have videos that use weights, resistance bands, kettlebells, calisthenics, yoga, pilates...etc etc etc. If you don't like it, you won't do it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor....hit the library before you buy! Check out a few and find one you like, then buy one. They have videos that use weights, resistance bands, kettlebells, calisthenics, yoga, pilates...etc etc etc. If you don't like it, you won't do it.

Most definitely! Try some free (or at least cheap) stuff first. This will help you narrow down what you like.

Sources: ExerciseTV.com (also on Comcast cable)
    Hulu.com (Gaiam, Firm, Exhale, Kathy Smith, Self)
    Netflix - instant play (a few) or by mail (a lot more)
    Library and thrift stores

Resources: collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com
    These are websites to purchase DVDs - but they are a wealth of information. Reviews & video clips will tell if the DVD requires equipment, is advanced, is high impact, is complex choreography, etc.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred and Billy Blanks Bootcamp: Cardio Inferno! Both are awesome!