Hi! I'm Mike

Options
gigs1234
gigs1234 Posts: 14 Member
I started using this app back in February of last year. When I started I was 308 pounds, I started cutting my calories down to 1200 a day and would do light weight training along with heavy cardio everyday, I also cut out soda and haven't had any since. Today I'm am 165 pounds and could not be happier. All of the hard work I put in has finally paid off! This app was a big part of me losing weight because dieting was the hardest part and being able to look up foods to see there macros really helped me get a good understanding of what is good and bad so thanks my fitness pal! P.s this is my first time using the community section so I just wanted to say hi and see if there were any others like me.

Replies

• Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike!

That's fantastic! 1200 is rather low though, you probably could've gotten the same results with 1500. Anyway, great news and keep up the good work!
  • zachduden
    zachduden Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Mike that's amazing!! I started consistently using MFP 10 weeks ago when I weighed over 300 pounds and now I'm down to 245lbs. I really want to be under 200lbs! If you could give one tip on how you were so successful with your weight loss, what would it be?
  • gatesr323
    gatesr323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello mike would love to be friends
  • gigs1234
    gigs1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    zachduden wrote: »
    Mike that's amazing!! I started consistently using MFP 10 weeks ago when I weighed over 300 pounds and now I'm down to 245lbs. I really want to be under 200lbs! If you could give one tip on how you were so successful with your weight loss, what would it be?

That's awesome! My one tip would be to never skip cardio because that's the one of the biggest parts of burning the fat and losing weight.