Expecting in October 2015 - looking for fit pregnancy accountability

Options
Hello ladies,

I am pregnant with our third in as many years and I am looking for other mommies to be (and mommies to be again) that are expecting in the Fall as well!

I am notorious for growing a MEAN baby belly and my average weight gain per pregnancy is 55lbs (60 in the first and 50 in the second). I worked CRAZY hard these last eight months to get with in 8 lbs of my PRE any baby weight to find out we are expecting again!

Don't get me wrong, I am STOKED! So excited, but at the same time I am a little terrified. I don't really enjoy the 50-60lb weight gain and so I am looking to change things up. The last two pregnancies I was back at my desk job and really not eating well and surely no exercise with the hectic work schedule.

This time I am home with my two boys and I NEED accountability buddies! Anyone care to join me?

Replies

• Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Feel free to FRIEND me and we can encourage, support etc. each other through pregnancy! Or add me to Facebook www.facebook.com/Cass.D.Wells
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm due in August with my second. I gained 50 lbs with my first and I'm trying to be healthier this time too!
  • cleansetoshred
    Options
    Found out im 5 weeks pregnant this week. Was at my goal weight using isagenix and now freaking out that i will gain the weight back. New to MFP. Hoping it helps with my food intake
  • Alimacbean
    Alimacbean Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 9 months post baby. I gained 20 pounds during pregnancy, lost it immediately. I exercised throughout my pregnancy. I've gained 5 pounds in 9 months, with 25 total I want to lose. It was so much easier to work out while pregnant than it is now! Trying to get back in the game.
  • kAshmereBeauty22
    Options
    Hello!! I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with my first and terrified of gaining too much weight!! I would love to be friends :smiley::wink: :blush:
  • run_abeo
    run_abeo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)

I'm expecting in either late September or October (there's some debate between doctors as to whether I am 15 or 13 weeks along), and I would love to have some accountability support as well!

I'm struggling with postnatal depression on top of having an eating disorder, so any encouragement to eat an adequate and normal amount of healthy food would be *more* than appreciated.

Anyway, please add me!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    I am so excited to walk through this with you ladies!

We can be here for one another to encourage Healthy habits throughout. Remember that our bodies will change through this process. It is normal to gain weight we just need to make sure we are healthy about it ;)
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, I'm not pregnant but I have a 1 year old. I gained about 45 pounds during my pregnancy and I'm still about 7 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight so I know what it's like! Congrats to all of you too!
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Alimacbean wrote: »
    I am 9 months post baby. I gained 20 pounds during pregnancy, lost it immediately. I exercised throughout my pregnancy. I've gained 5 pounds in 9 months, with 25 total I want to lose. It was so much easier to work out while pregnant than it is now! Trying to get back in the game.

Hey that's amazing! Where can I find pregnancy appropriate workouts?
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I found this thread because I just realized we might be pregnant.... which would be okay if not the best thing, but still great! We had a birth control malfunction....

Anyways, Did you guys get EXHAUSTED and have CRAVINGS in the week before your period should have arrived? The past 3 days I have been eating plenty of healthy calories and then last night and today I am pooped. My period should be coming Saturday the 18th of this month, so I am about a week away from being able to use a test.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    :D Congratulations EVERYONE! This is such an exciting time, whether it is your first or your third I am glad that you ladies want to journey it together!

Today I spent the morning at the park with my girlfriends and my two boys, chasing them was hilarious but the best part was the picnic - I actually packed myself a SALAD, for a picnic LoL! I loved it!

What did you have for lunch?
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats ladies! I'm 16 weeks and trying not gain too much during the pregnancy and maintain a bit of muscle mass.
  • STARG1RL
    STARG1RL Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm due with my second, a boy (& last) in late August. Planning on starting back up with walking my 16.5 month old girl... I NEED pregnant accountability partners :)
  • Vonnie313
    Vonnie313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my second (my son is 10)...I was only 23 when I had my son, so I was a lot more active, and in much better shape. I struggle with consistency, cravings, and fatigue. I'm planning to start a daily walking program to help me get back on track, but I'm bad with food. I've been eating all wrong. Sadly, I have the knowledge of what to do (I'm a personal trainer), but my husband is too sweet to hold me accountable.
  • shedding60
    shedding60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 19 weeks right now and so far I've gained about 13 lbs. (The same 13 lbs I lost the month before I found out I was pregnant!) The doctors told me to gain about 25 lbs throughout my whole pregnancy so I really need some accountability too. I haven't really been watching my calories so far since I found out but I realize I need to do so, especially since I broke my foot and currently can't continue my walking regimen for 5 more weeks! This is my first and I'm super excited but I'm hoping to add some friends in the same boat as me. Please add me! Thanks!
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 weeks and have gained 13 so far. I was a little overweight to start with, so hoping to only gain 20 the whole pregnancy. I just started back to tracking food today and am going to try some light working out to keep it under control. Feel free to add me!
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    Still in the early stages here (due early 2016) but am looking for a support network of likeminded/likesituated ladies this time around!
    I found MFP AFTER my last pregnancy and I'm eager to see how I can make sure this one is more healthy, active and mindful.

Please feel free to add me as well.

Good luck and best wishes :)

JC
  • liskoro
    liskoro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am expecting in Oct. I am having to really watch my food and sugar intake.
  • axcxg
    axcxg Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello! Im 29 weeks! Started at 149, now im 159! So ive gained 10 lbs so far. I was working out a little before I found out I was pregnant. My goal weight after pregnancy is in the 130's. Hopefully I stay below 170 during this pregnancy! I eat healthy for the most part but I do have cheat meals. I work out, gym classes, 21 day fix and youtube. I dont eat as much as I should so I was advised to eat more protein and vitamin D so I added a protein shake to my diet everyday. Its GNC Spiru-Meal mixed with Super greens and some fruit. Love it! I take prenatals, DHA and Vitamin D. I drink 2+ liters of water a day! Whats everyone else doing?