New and bloating question

Options
Hi I am new to the board but not new to the yo yo. I recently lost 30 lbs about 2 years ago, went from a size 14 to a size 6, now up to a size 10. I have started working out again and am dedicated and focused on keeping exercise and healthy eating a part of my life. That being said, I do have a question that maybe someone can answer: I have been drinking alot of water, and have been exercising religiously this past week. I noticed at the end of a good workout ( 45 minutes strength training, and 45 minutes on eliptical machine) that I am extremely bloated. My calves are huge from fluid, and my hands and cheeks are puffy. ( I look like I do while on my period).
Has anyone else experienced this, if so, what is the remedy?

Thanks and heathy Christmas!

Replies

• glorybee
    Options
    Hi I am new to the board but not new to the yo yo. I recently lost 30 lbs about 2 years ago, went from a size 14 to a size 6, now up to a size 10. I have started working out again and am dedicated and focused on keeping exercise and healthy eating a part of my life. That being said, I do have a question that maybe someone can answer: I have been drinking alot of water, and have been exercising religiously this past week. I noticed at the end of a good workout ( 45 minutes strength training, and 45 minutes on eliptical machine) that I am extremely bloated. My calves are huge from fluid, and my hands and cheeks are puffy. ( I look like I do while on my period).
    Has anyone else experienced this, if so, what is the remedy?

Thanks and heathy Christmas!
  • lovebumps
    Options
    From what I have been told in the past while training, that is supposed to happen. And that as long as it goes away within a few hours its not a problem. Good luck with working out. I'm with ya on trying to stop the yo-yo and make this a life change.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've noticed after a long run that my face sometimes gets a little "puffy", too. And blotchy. (Yes, I run so I can look THIS sexy!) And on the elliptical, my feet swell in my shoes so that I need to remember to move my toes and feet a lot to keep them from "falling asleep". Never had that happen with my legs, though.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    wow...interesting.... I always feel tight after a workout and have never noticed anything like this.. maybe I'm not paying attention?

Be great to see more feedback on this..... what a drag that would be to be that bloated and swollen after a great workout:ohwell: ... running is rough on the feet/joints...so maybe the swollen part would make sense in regards to that.......

I'll be looking for more thoughts on this topic... :drinker:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me on my elliptical, my feet start to fall asleep so I have to wiggle my toes or take a short break, I thought maybe it was my shoes?