Talk about vindictiveness!

Aesop101
Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
edited September 27 in Chit-Chat
First let me say I laughed about this on Wednesday.

I was called into a temporary position on Monday. Never mind I had only 4 hours of sleep and an ear ache. I told the temporary firm if they call me at 2 in the morning I would be there at 3. So here was my big chance to prove that.

I get the call around 8 a.m and then told to wait. Then another call and about about 8:30 giving me instructions. I jump in the shower, eat breakfast, and I'm out the door. I get there just before 10 a.m. I'm excited! This is my first job in 2.5 years. I want to do a great job in appreciation.

When I arrive the lady who will be on maternity leave greets me. She introduces me to the Controller. The Controller asks have you worked here before? You seem familiar. I say yes I worked here for 2 weeks13 years ago. Then I head to the desk to be trained. Now training is not easy. Especially if you are tired and sick. So I take good notes and ask relevant questions. It's an Accounts Payable position and I'm more of a senior level accountant. Still though I am just so happy to be working. I make it through the day in spite of my ear swelling shut. I keep thinking Immediate care just as soon as this day is over. Fortunately for me she's on the side of my good ear. At the end of the day we talk about plans for the rest of the week.

I head home thinking wow, work. I was making plans for the future and thinking about what I learned that day. It was a considerable. It just was such a relief to be working.

Now I turned my ringer off on my cell phone because there were no personal calls allowed. When I get home I am beat and still sick. I use some peroxide on my poor ear. That helps and I take a short nap. When I wake I wanted to see what the weather was for the rest of the week. I had some gardening that needed tended too. So I look at my cell and there are 4 calls, 3 from the temporary firm and 1 from Mom. All about the same thing.

I call the placement firm. I was fired! What did I do!? It seemed to go so well. She said I did great. However, the woman controller said she remembered me from 13 years ago and I had smarted off to her or someone. She didn't say her. I sure didn't remember that. I don't even remember her. I'm sure not above defending myself for sure.

So I pondered this all night and I mean all night, until 6 a.m. Tuesday. It was like breaking down a brick wall in my head to get to the memory. Then I remembered. I had been working there as a temp for 2 weeks doing collections. I told the lady in charge that I had an interview for a permanent position. She went livid and and berated me in front of the other personnel. I honestly don't remember yet what I said but I sure didn't have the dress down coming. Still not sure if it was the controller. Apparently it was. I know I didn't curse though.

I try to resolve the issue in my head. I couldn't. Then it dawned on me. She carried a grudge for 13 years for a temporary employee who had only worked there for 2 weeks! LOL

She harbored such a terrible grudge that she wasted money training me. Then too how about the employee who planned to go on maternity leave. She didn't even think of her. I am just amazed at that level of vindictiveness and I have seen some pretty petty people in my life. She wins though.

The reason I got a call from the placement firm so late was because another temporary had left. I can almost play out the reason. My recruiter was not mad at me in the least.

What do I feel like today? No different than I did last Sunday. Still need to find employment. Only thing is I get a check out of this.

Replies

• sierracanbe
    sierracanbe Posts: 60
    ugh what a troll!
    why do ppl behave like this? i swear, i haven't come across a real-live grown-up in years.
    good luck finding a new job, i mean it :3
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    UN be LIEVABLE!! That is incredible. She must be related to the elephants or something. I can't remember things like that.. especially that long ago. Has she nothing better to do than that?? WOW! Glad you got a pay check out of it and now can go get a different job. I wouldn't WANT to work around that person!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    i swear, i haven't come across a real-live grown-up in years.

LOL I KNOW!!! I mean I am one, but I totally know what you mean!!!
  • svarble
    svarble Posts: 15
    Oh wow! I can't believe someone would hold a grudge for THAT long over something so minuscule! That is really sad on her part.... Good luck on your search for a job!
  • ellennow
    ellennow Posts: 568
    I'm sure there are better jobs coming your way. Your so right on... carryng all that for 13 yrs and wasting everyones time. Talk about shot yourself in the foot! Silly, silly lady!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I guess when you "burn bridges", you piss off their trolls! :devil:

P.S. That is one miserable human being!!!
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Really? Omg! That's crazy!

Disagree with you on one point though. She didn't win. You won this one, because now you will not have to be in the presence of such a toxic person.

Enjoy your victory and your paycheck!! Hope you find something great soon.

Good luck to her to I hope she can find some inner peace to help her through all the things that life brings to all of us to work through!
  • icramirez
    icramirez Posts: 40
    Wow that sucks! But forget her and that job! I think its just these times its bringing the worst in people, maybe they think they can freely take advantage of people I'm kind of going through the same thing, unemployed and when I go to interviews and look for a job, its like people are even more heartless than before.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    First everyone thanks for the kind thoughts.

Yes, I would like to see a few more adults in charge. I've seen way too many juveniles in positions of trust. I could go on and on about that.

I agree with icramirez. These times bring out the worst of the worst.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    You're the winner here!!! Hope you got that ear taken care of!
This discussion has been closed.