Favorite way to eat protein powder? (aside from shakes)

Options
Just discovered this gem:

Hulk Banana Pudding:
1 scoop (~30g) unflavored or vanilla protein powder (I use plantfusion unflavored)
~100g coconut milk + enough water to form pudding-like consistency (can omit or use less coconut milk and more water, but the flavor def takes a hit)
Vanilla extract and stevia to taste
~40g sliced/mashed banana

175 cals
3g fat
22g protein
16g carb

Gets better after sitting in the fridge for a bit. It's pretty damn good for what it is.

So what's your go-to for protein powder?

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I regularly put a tablespoon of MuscleTech vanilla cake flavor in my cottage cheese or yogurt. Also add it to my oatmeal with pb2. Good with coffee if you use a hand-held blender (mine is Proctor-Silex) quick whir of that and it mixes just fine. Stirring - not too great (lumpy).

Edited to add: will be trying your concoction above - sounds good!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! I love love love adding whey protein to greek yogurt - it tastes a lot like pudding. My current fave is yogurt with vanilla whey and cocoa powder. So yummy.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    quote="BigLifter10;32512247"]I regularly put a tablespoon of MuscleTech vanilla cake flavor in my cottage cheese or yogurt. Also add it to my oatmeal with pb2. Good with coffee if you use a hand-held blender (mine is Proctor-Silex) quick whir of that and it mixes just fine. Stirring - not too great (lumpy).

Edited to add: will be trying your concoction above - sounds good![/quote]

BigLifter10: add your protein powder to your cold milk and shake it then add hot coffee and you won’t get clumps; it’s the heat that causes the clumping ;)
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    protein waffles! oat flour, protein powder, baking soda, eggwhites & unsweetened apple sauce!
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + protein powder. Stick in the freezer. It's like an ice cream substitute.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I make steel cut oats in the rice cooker, then stir in vanilla protein powder and berries. Delicious.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition vanilla ice cream flavored protein in plan 2% fage yogurt... with berries. Yum.