Fastfood Desires

Options
princetonmayberry
princetonmayberry Posts: 39 Member
how do you guys fight the urge of getting a fat burger and fries? I know i can get a salad but its a lot easier said than done

Replies

• fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    In and Out "Protein burger" no cheese is a great replacement and not too awful on calories. I ask for "extra produce" and its pretty much a salad too.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    By remembering one rule: You are what you eat.

Which leads me to think... I need to be more female. I'll fix this soon!!!
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    fish2find wrote: »
    In and Out "Protein burger" no cheese is a great replacement and not too awful on calories. I ask for "extra produce" and its pretty much a salad too.

Hmmm i will try that
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    By remembering one rule: You are what you eat.

Which leads me to think... I need to be more female. I'll fix this soon!!!

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I like McDonald's hamburgers. Two will fill me right up and for 500 calories they aren't bad. They're high in sodium of course but I only allow myself to indulge once per month or so.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I don't fight it. I fit fat burgers and fries in when I can. As long as it's in the context of a balanced diet, eat it. There are sometimes when I go to Culver's and get the salads. They have awesome salads though. There are days that I eat double bacon cheeseburgers with cheese curds. Depends on the day. Don't deprive yourself of foods that you love. You will only end up gorging.

Culver's. Good lord I love Culver's. Luckily (or not?) there isn't one by my house.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    by not depriving yourself. plan for the burger and fries. or burger and salad one day. and salad and fries another day. these foods won't be so elusive to us when we allow ourselves to just have them
  • doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Easy. My food choices are not between a fat burger + fries or a salad. I rather have an oven-baked salmon + sweet potato than a burger.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    By eating a burger (I skip the fries, just not worth the calories and fat for me)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Don't fight the urge, just make it yourself for healthier versions. Get extra lean beef at the store and bbq yourself a nice burger with lower fat than fast food, add lots of veggies. Frozen French fries baked in the oven also taste pretty good for a lot less calories than the fried ones.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I let myself have one occasionally and plan the rest of the day as needed. Lettuce wrap it, it helps to get rid of the bread. Skip the fries, keep the salad.
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    I like McDonald's hamburgers. Two will fill me right up and for 500 calories they aren't bad. They're high in sodium of course but I only allow myself to indulge once per month or so.

Woow ok
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    I don't fight it. I fit fat burgers and fries in when I can. As long as it's in the context of a balanced diet, eat it. There are sometimes when I go to Culver's and get the salads. They have awesome salads though. There are days that I eat double bacon cheeseburgers with cheese curds. Depends on the day. Don't deprive yourself of foods that you love. You will only end up gorging.

True i did that when i tried to give up on sodas
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    beamer0821 wrote: »
    by not depriving yourself. plan for the burger and fries. or burger and salad one day. and salad and fries another day. these foods won't be so elusive to us when we allow ourselves to just have them

Ok
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    Easy. My food choices are not between a fat burger + fries or a salad. I rather have an oven-baked salmon + sweet potato than a burger.

I see; i guess i be craving the taste of a burger, i always choose it over a fish meal
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Don't fight the urge, just make it yourself for healthier versions. Get extra lean beef at the store and bbq yourself a nice burger with lower fat than fast food, add lots of veggies. Frozen French fries baked in the oven also taste pretty good for a lot less calories than the fried ones.

I agree, a lot more home cooking is in my future
  • princetonmayberry
    Options
    j_bark wrote: »
    I let myself have one occasionally and plan the rest of the day as needed. Lettuce wrap it, it helps to get rid of the bread. Skip the fries, keep the salad.

Good idea
  • MissRheingold
    MissRheingold Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    El Pollo Loco grilled chicken and maybe coleslaw isn't a bad deal. I'm glad they closed our Wendy's - I rather liked the Frostys, although I probably don't want to know what's in them.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I thought there was pron in here.