How do I log Juicing?

Options
Hello,

Juicing has always been an important part of weight loss for me. However, I am not sure how to log it on here. Basically, I juice 1 grape fruit, 1 apple, and then blend that with spinach and sometimes Kale. I also add things to it such as fresh ginger which I wouldn't think would change the calories much. Anyway, If you are logging fresh juice, please let me know how you do it. Thank you!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't juice because I like food, and fiber and all that - but I considered it once and saved this link: http://www.happyjuicer.com/nutrition-calculator/
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    probably just search for the equivalent juice in MFP (grapefruit juice, apple juice, etc.)

if you want to be exact then you'd need to juice each fruit individually into a measuring cup and get the number of fluid ozs to log

I'm not really familiar with juicing but I'd guess most of the plant matter from spinach/kale makes it through to your glass so I'd just log those as the entire plant by weight in grams

I generally don't log garlic, ginger, etc.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Can't you just log each of the fruits one by one? Weigh 'em, log 'em, juice 'em, drink 'em?

You'd just have to consider that any fiber amount might not apply, but the cals and carbs would be fairly accurate, I'd say.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I would just log the whole fruits and vegetables. Then again, I would just eat the whole fruits and vegetables too to get the fiber, instead of just the sugar.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I would just log the whole fruits and vegetables. Then again, I would just eat the whole fruits and vegetables too to get the fiber, instead of just the sugar.

good point, why throw away the more beneficial part of the fruit?
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options

+1 but op isn't really asking.

But, hey, the more inputs the better I presume :+1:
  • sungod916
    sungod916 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to juice a lot too.
    I switched to making smoothies when I bought a Vitamix.
    Do yourself a favor, invest in a Vitamix (or a powerful blender).
    It has made it easier to count the calories because I just weight what I throw in.
    This morning it was 100g of carrots, 100g of celery, 60g of mixed berries (from Costco), 100g of broccoli, and 1/4 serving vanilla protein powder.
    Delicious and I didn't miss out on any fiber.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

This. I'd just eat the fruits and veggies