Headed to the store tomorrow...

Options
agm103
agm103 Posts: 8 Member
Hi All-

Monday will be the official "start day" to my new lifestyle change and tomorrow I have to head off to the store to get everything set. For me when I don't have everything planned out at least a week in advance I fail- So with that said I love feedback and new suggestions. I am fairly open to trying new foods and recipes. I do live with my family but they are usually not interested in the healthy food selection which is fine, but makes it tough to make large recipes (because I will be eating that all week) but I would love just about any suggestion.

Here is a general idea of my day and what I eat, and when I start to drag a little....

Breakfast is usually oatmeal or some type of egg with veggies

lunch is typically a diet frozen meal (this is what I want to change most!) I hope to get some great lunch ideas

After lunch I am usually dragging and falling asleep at my desk. I typically grab a 100 calorie snack pack or a fruit cup.

Dinner is a lean meat and veggies.

I attempt to drink a gallon of water a day and nothing else.

Any suggestions welcome!

Replies

• sara128
    sara128 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would suggest changing your processed meals because they won't provide your body with the nutrients you need and will hinder your weight loss!! Why don't you try making a fresh salad with either meat, fish or beans for your lunch? You could change your snack pack to some nuts or a piece if fruit or maybe a Greek yogurt. Why not try making a selection of evening meals and freezing them so you have some variety or even take one as your lunch.

Hope you get some ideas you can use, good luck xx
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    You know you need to change your lunch, so that's good :) Lunch is a versatile meal. It can be a second breakfast or an early dinner, so you can consider things like lean meat or fish, a nice big salad, or even protein pancakes or something like that. Perhaps the most classic lunch is a sandwich, quick and easy to prepare. Look for low-carb bread (usually higher in protein and fiber) or low-calorie whole grain sandwich thins, low-sodium lunch meats, some cheese, and any sauces you might want. Hummus makes a great one. A good dose of protein, fat and fiber at this meal will keep you from feeling sluggish.

If you still do, consider whole fruit with some fiber, crunchy veggies like baby carrots and celery, or even nuts for your afternoon snack. They'll fuel you better than a 100-calorie pack.

Good luck shopping! Make sure to get herbs and spices to keep the flavor up and the calories down~
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the salt/sodium content of those 'diet' frozen meals, you will be horrified...
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    for my lunches i tend to buy whatever us in stock at the greengrocers eg beetroot, pepper, mixed leaves, cherry toms etc. Mix them up add in some protien normally chicken or prawns, add 2tbsp dressing. Normally comes in around 280cal & keeps me going if i've got spare calories i'll have a yoghurt or handfuk of brazil nuts to take it to 400cal. Just buy a bug tupperware tub & go crazy in the veg section. You want your salad to be 60% veg 30% protien 10% carbs & dressing.
  • svarble
    svarble Posts: 15
    Options
    If you don't want a sandwich for lunch you could always go for a wrap. You can get some of them low carb. I usually fix that with deli meat and cheese. You can also add you some lettuce or whatever else you may like to get a veggie in as well. I'm not sure if you are big on tuna, but that is also another option.
    I have been snacking on almonds or one of the 100 cal packs of cheese. I had an apple with peanut butter for this mornings snack. My husband likes the plain Greek yogurt, but only with some fresh berries!