Friends who log the bad days

Options
2»

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I log the bad days. I had two this week. I want to remember how I felt. I have only been at this for 7 days though.
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nothing like logging a 1200 calorie snack for a wake up call.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to be more honest and logging everything lately - does that count? ;) Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Logging the bad days is what kind of snapped me out of the bad habit of just ignoring them. Now I know they happen and life goes on and I don't have to feel guilty. I also always know that I can eat under the rest of the week to make my weekly average just fine. I tend to pay more attention to weekly goals vs. daily. I've actually had losses the weeks of Easter and while on vacation. And I logged every morsel of food.
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Once you've eaten it, it's done, log it and deal with it. No one ever gained weight from what they ate in one day, it's the big picture that matters.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Some days are just extra hungry.
  • EaglesFan4Ever
    EaglesFan4Ever Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya. I log everything...even condiments on sandwiches. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to find friends who log everyday. I know it takes committement. I'm sure I've had a day or 2 that I've fallen off but the fact that I always get back on has definitely been the reason I've kept off these 50lbs now for 4 years. I just feel like sometimes I waste my time encouraging/ motivating someone... Then they just don't log anymore. Its just hard to find friends who aren't perfect with logging ...but at least do 95% of the time. I also don't like the people on here that are over the top loggers...and have like 400 myfitnesspal friends... Just seems weird and fake.

Anyway , that's my rant lol. I literally have like 10 friends on here so if u can relate , feel free to add me
  • BetzPod
    BetzPod Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yep I log it all too, started back on Friday after a few months off trying other things. The bad days are definitely a wake up call - as are those facebook pictures your lovely friends tag you in :|
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I log everyday, even on the bad days. However, if I have a busy weekend I may not log. But other than that I am pretty consistent ;) . And yes it does hurt to see what you actually consumed on those "bad days".
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ho I also log my bad days and free days. It just makes me feel more accountable and I also get an idea of the amount of cal i overeat on those days.
  • Marthasweightloss21
    Marthasweightloss21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log everything in, looking for friends to share with
  • deanspools2013
    deanspools2013 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    800 plus cals in booze last night
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    When I am not doing well, it can go on for a couple of months or a couple of weeks at a time. I sometimes feel bad about logging it, because I feel like it will affect the motivation of the friends who are on track. I am glad I saw this thread, because it gives me a reason to be honest even when I know I'm doing embarrassingly bad. My schedule is really tough sometimes, and I don't always have time to work out the amount that I should. However, sometimes it is my motivation that is the issue. I think if I am honest during the times when the schedule is getting in the way, I can at least keep up the motivation for when I'm just making up excuses.
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I usually prelog what I plan to eat. This reduces the number of "bad" days. If it's not on the list, I can't have it. I still mess up occasionally, but not as much as I did.
  • gjz123
    gjz123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had many OMG moments...did you know that a patty melt with FF at Red Robin is over 1200 calories? I didn't until after I had eaten 2/3 of it. Yikes!! What's done, is done. Try to learn from it. I logged it. I can tell you that I won't eat one of those again! I have learned a lot just by logging items. Sometimes it's not pretty.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    gjz123 wrote: »
    I have had many OMG moments...did you know that a patty melt with FF at Red Robin is over 1200 calories? I didn't until after I had eaten 2/3 of it. Yikes!! What's done, is done. Try to learn from it. I logged it. I can tell you that I won't eat one of those again! I have learned a lot just by logging items. Sometimes it's not pretty.

I did this exact thing at Red Robin, which is a horrendous place to go if you haven't checked their menu prior. I think I only did that once and thought I was being healthy by ordering a chicken wrap -ha! I still love them and I still eat there but I try to go with a game plan. I am working to log everything but I am a mere mortal with much work left to do. Always glad to have company along the way.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I log both good and bad days to show myself I can do this and that I can achieve far more than I think I'm capable of achieving.