hi my name is jen

Options
Hi I'm Jen I'm 34 and living in it Indianapolis Indiana...I had 2 kids 13 months apart and man oh man I put on the weight..I topped out at 250lbs...that's the heaviest I have EVER weighed. I've been on every diet known to man. But what really opened my eyes was NOV 2013 when I had a gallbladder attack..and I also found out I was gluten intolerant. So I decided to make a life style change and start my fitness pal. It's been a rough ride...but I've stuck with it and will continue ur to stick with it. I'm currently as of today 197 and my goal is 140lbs. I'm currently working out 6 days a week doing insanity and I LOVE IT..almost done with my first month!!

Replies

• joehiking
    joehiking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up :)
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey, I live an hr away from you, and have about the same goal...I want to hit 130! Add me and we can motivate each other!
  • Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! We're all here for a reason......own that reason and run with it!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Jen, YOU CAN DO IT! Focus on staying accurate with your calorie counts (intake and burn) and the weight will take care of itself. Leggo! :smile:
  • smaree84
    smaree84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also from Indiana! Up north near Fort Wayne. We can do this.
  • jenspears31
    jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. I love the support I have here.. go ahead and add me if y'all want and we all can do this together!!

• jenspears31
    Options
    UPDATE ...I just wanted to give an update..As of July 13(which hs also my birthdAy) I finished the toughest program ever...INSANITY...it was a rough and tough ride but I was more determined that ever to finish this program...AND I DID IT...I started the program at 211 and now I'm down to 179...and I did it all by myself!! Determination and motivation is what got me here. Within in my 2 month journey on insanity I found a new a new love for working out and healthy eating that I wanted to pay it forward to others that are on or thinking about going on a journey of their own...I am now 179 lbs and will continue my journey forever because it's going to be my way of life. I do have before and after pictures of my 2 month transformation but I have no clue how to post them. I will be happy to share them...just ask
  • jenspears31
    Options
    Also add me as a friend I will be happy to help in anyway I can to get you to your goal
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Jen, this is a great report and encouragement to all! I am 61 y.o. and yes I know that by sticking to a thing long enough, it will grow into a love for it... even if at present I'm hating it! I'm gonna hang in, like you and grow to love my piddly walks 2ce a day as I increase time & distance and I know the day will come that I wouldn't think of skipping. Thanks so much for the encouragement/ you've paid it forward and then some.