What is happening to me???

Options
patmid
patmid Posts: 45 Member
Made a classic mistake yesterday, not enough planning, didn't have time to eat dinner before going to the cinema and I was unable to resist the Ben & Jerry ice cream. I bought the tub home to check the calories, and it was 400, this tiny little tub!!!

Then today I misread the calories on a Soured Cream and Chive Dip. I thought it was 74kc for 100g, after eating the whole 200g pot with some carrot sticks, it turned out to be 74kc for 50g. Urrrgggh

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Log it and call it a day.
    when I have a mistake like that, I own it, try to learn from my mistake so I will not repeat it again.
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go back to your nutrition plan. Past is prologue

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • patmid
    Options
    You are so right, thank you for your kind words. I will not make the same mistakes, just disappointed with myself but tomorrow will be a better day. Hope you are doing well.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Heck, I forgot MOTHERS DAY. Give yourself a break...
  • patmid
    Options
    Lol, but did that affect your weight loss efforts?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    It happens. It's fine. A few mistakes won't wreck all your hard work. Just try to plan better and you'll be fine. This is a learning process and nobody is perfect
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    It happens. It's fine. A few mistakes won't wreck all your hard work. Just try to plan better and you'll be fine. This is a learning process and nobody is perfect

+1 I've done the same thing on occasion and it feels like a worse setback than it actually is. Just keep on going and it will work itself out. <3
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    patmid wrote: »
    Made a classic mistake yesterday, not enough planning, didn't have time to eat dinner before going to the cinema and I was unable to resist the Ben & Jerry ice cream. I bought the tub home to check the calories, and it was 400, this tiny little tub!!!

Then today I misread the calories on a Soured Cream and Chive Dip. I thought it was 74kc for 100g, after eating the whole 200g pot with some carrot sticks, it turned out to be 74kc for 50g. Urrrgggh

It's okay. I have a pint of Ben and Jerry's every Sunday night (Roasted & Toasted was last night). it makes it way easier to focus for six days when you know you have a treat waiting.
  • patmid
    Options
    Thanks scorpiophoenix and My_Butt. I am not exercising at all and I guess I get a bit paranoid with the food. I intend to have a much more sensible approach to it in the future.
  • patmid
    Options
    Your right thorsmom01 getting a bit cranky about all this, have reassessed to go forward.