Trying to maintain but questioning current weight

Options
2»

Replies

• adp0196
    adp0196 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Check out a workout channel on YouTube called Zuzka Light - she does short workouts that only involve bodyweight. They might include some cardio though sorry!!

Thanks so much!!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    adp0196 wrote: »
    sympha01 wrote: »
    adp0196 wrote: »
    It honestly sounds like you are having some issues with an eating disorder. Please talk with someone about it.

If I had an eating disorder wouldn't I be not eating or be eating too much or throwing up what I do eat, I've never done any of that.

Not necessarily. You certainly sound like you have some irrational anxiety combining body dysmorphia (your BMI is in the healthy range, but on the lower end of it and you have large breasts, but you feel "fat" and "gross" -- btw maybe you want to watch that judgy body language around other people who might ACTUALLY be overweight? because if someone with your body type is "gross" then WTF am I?) with feelings of shame around eating.

It might or might not be eating disorder related, but in all kindness it sounds like you could benefit from some objective counseling to work through these feelings. You seem to recognize yourself that these feelings are irrational.

Sorry, didn't mean to use offensive language. I honestly look at people larger than me and think they're skinnier than me so it has nothing to do with they way I really look.

Boom. Textbook body dysmorphia. Which is a psychological condition that you need to seek help for, especially if it is causing anxiety around eating, because yeah that would be an eating disorder too. Focus on getting the help you need to get a handle on these feels before you focus on your eating or exercise plan. Because with body dysmorphia, no eating plan or exercise plan will ever make you feel good enough: diet and exercise are a waste of time in regard to feeling like your body is "fat" and "gross." Fixing your body isn't the problem, and again, it sounds like you already know that.