Unused daily calories

Options
willisas32
willisas32 Posts: 2 Member
Hi I'm new to the group. What happens if you don't eat your total allowed calories for the day?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You have a larger deficit, or you can look at weight loss within a weekly deficit and eat less on some days, more on others.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Start over with a new day tomorrow... I do not bank calories and eat them later... but people do..
  • cathysyng
    cathysyng Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot of left over calories each day and you're not hungry don't eat any more .. the result YOU LOSE MORE!!!! woo hoo :) .. I was targeting 1 lb a week but because of not consuming all the calories each day I have been losing 1.5 lbs a week! Love it. I don't find it it difficult as 40 mins on the elliptical adds a bunch more calories to my allotted calories for the day.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not eating under 1150 calories per day you will be ok. I rarely eat back my exercise calories! Good luck!
  • lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Be careful going too low. You body may think it's at risk of starvation and lower your metabolism, resulting lower weight loss, and a feeling like your tired all the time. Set your goal of loss per week and try to HIT the target calories.

Good Luck!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    lonerockz wrote: »
    Be careful going too low. You body may think it's at risk of starvation and lower your metabolism, resulting lower weight loss, and a feeling like your tired all the time. Set your goal of loss per week and try to HIT the target calories.

Good Luck!

That would take months...

OP I look at it as a weekly thing...if I am under by 200 today and I need 200 on Friday they are there.

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    lonerockz wrote: »

Good Luck!

No... just... no.

I'm almost always pretty far under my daily calories by anywhere from 200-500, but once every week, or two, I'll go completely carefree, and make up for the difference over a weekend.
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ^^ yes

Weekly intake matters more than day to day.