17 day diet!

Options
My fiancé and I have been on the 17 day diet since April 3rd, what an amazing life changing experience!! Almost 22 pounds down, my fiancé is 26 down.

Replies

• smblahblah
    smblahblah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the first 3 parts of the diet back in Jan. and lost 20 pounds! Today is my first day of starting it again!
  • mlittle671
    mlittle671 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What does it consist of? Need to loose weight for wedding in june
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    That seems like a lot of loss in a short amount of time. What do you do for the diet?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    That seems like a lot of loss in a short amount of time. What do you do for the diet?

OP still has 109 pounds to go and I don't think 22 pounds in 6-7 weeks is so bad at that weight. Great job, OP! Just realize that all you need to lose weight is a caloric deficit--"metabolic confusion" is just catchy marketing.

But if it is working for you, do it. Just don't feel guilty about switching to a less-restrictive plan later on.
  • sakura32712
    sakura32712 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The diet consists of white meats and veggies mainly the first phase. You get unlimited white meats including chicken, turkey, fish. Two eggs per day. Unlimited cleansing veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, peppers, onions, spinach. Two fruits per day, two servings or probiotics (I eat greek yogurts) and some olive oil for fats. You drink green tea three times a day for fat burning and a glass of warm lemon water in the morning to start your metabolism. It's actually a pretty wonderful diet, we don't even really consider it a diet anymore. It has taught us how to eat and how to live, not just for a diet and then back to unhealthy lifestyles. You transition to other phases where you get more things. Phase two is where we have kind of landed and stayed. It's wonderful and still losing weight. You alternate every other day with lean white meats and red meats. On red meat days you get two servings of starches. Anyone interested should buy the book on Amazon. Really cheap, like 7 bucks but totally worth it. It started us on our path to a healthy lifestyle and we are never looking back!
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good job and good luck!