Alcohol

Options
So this week - my diet has been rubbish but due to lots of stress with funerals and birthdays and partys i though id do well just to maintain - which i did up until yesterday - now LAST NIGHT i drank 3 glasses of wine ( i only drink maybe 2 - 3 times a year) so i was a little drunk however I drank 2 pints of water before bed and got on the scales as today is weigh in day - it showed id lost 0.8lb - now my question is - is this accurae? im thinking so as i drank a lot of water to get it out of system any ideas?

Replies

• delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    A couple of glasses a wine every now & then is certainly not going to wreck your diet & if you are staying in your calorie range you will still lose weight. Actually I have read recently that studies show that people who have a small serving of wine daily actually lose more weight than those who abstain all together.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    drinking water doesnt get anything out of your system..your body will still absorb the calories/energy from what you've taken in.

most of us fluctuate a few lbs here and there every day..that is probably what you've done.
  • coolkat17
    coolkat17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    you can definetly drink alcohol and still lose weight but be warned it drops your blood sugar so you will get the munchies!