Not Seeing Results :/

Options
Hey guys,
I'm not seeing results even though I'm always pretty much under my calorie allowance. I do alot of excercise and eat really healthily (like no processed foods). However, I do seem to use up my carbohydrates the most then always seem to have protein and fat left. I think this is because I eat a lot of fruit and vegies. I'm not the biggest fan of meat but don't know where else to get enough protein from. Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong/have any tips? Because its really hard to stay motivated when I'm not seeing results.
Also I'm not overweight, I just want to lose a the last bit of tummy fat because otherwise I'm pretty toned.
Really appreciate any tips/help! Thanks :)

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    stats? height? weight? how long have you been doing this? also would help to be able to see your food dairy.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    its very hard to lose belly fat. for women to see a flat tummy it takes us having less than 14 % body fat. which is hard to do.

dont worry about the protein..you can adjust the macros yourself. i do 55% carbs 25% protein and 20 % fat.
    i am a vegetarian, but i usually end up with enough protein, complete proteins at the end of the day..we should only be getting 40-60 grams of protein a day anyways. so you are probably getting enough.

just remember to LIFT weights to maintain your muscle mass. otherwise on a diet you'll lose that.
  • misty_opal
    misty_opal Posts: 17
    Options
    hey sorry forgot to include that :) so my calories allowance is 1210. im 144 lbs and about 5 ft 8. I'm looking to lose about 11 lbs. Thanks! I've been at it for a few months really.
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yup totally know how you feel, i'm the same. i've heard high protein, low carbs is good for shifting belly fat. perhaps google low carb vegetarian diet to get ideas. also increase your cardio, things like running and swimming are good for shifting belly fat.
  • misty_opal
    Options
    Also I usually do about an hour of cardio and toning a day 3 times a week (running or aerobics with interval traning) and 2 days a week doing an hour just weights... so I thought I'd be seeing results. I've been doing this for ages.. maybe I need to step it up. But then I eat more and get hungrier so I don't end up making a difference.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I don't agree about the 40 grams of protein: it can be 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight. For me that's about 120 grams daily, all nutrients i cut out of my carb "allowance".

Make sure you don't eat too low fat. And watch the fruit intake.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    do you eat the calories you burn from excercise? everyone's different some people do and lose weight, others don't and lose weight. I mix it up. some days I do other days I don't. I'd try looking into that too.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This may sound a little strange but you need to eat more I use the 40%carbs 40%protein and 20%fat!! And its not the cardio you need its weights lift heavy!!!! Build lean fat burning muscle!!! It has worked a treat for me! Im 5'7" weigh 132 lbs and 17% body fat I eat 2000cals a day!!! And carb load 2 days a week!!
  • misty_opal
    Options
    thanks for the advice so far :) umm i usually eat some of my excercise allowance because I end up too hungry if I don't cause its pretty intense excercise.. or maybe the hungers in my head haha i don't eat low fat foods and i dont really eat bread of those hard to process foods. Its predicted I'm meant to have lost a the weight that I've wanted by now though :/ I don't know where to find the extra motivation to eat less and stop eating my excercise allowance which is usually like 500 cals.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The last 10-15 pounds can take MONTHS or even a whole year to take off. It's not like the first 30 or 40, where your body is happy to get rid of it.
    FOr the alst few pounds, you really need to have a small deficit. Having too large of a deficit means you won't be fueling your body enough, and it will begin to use muscle as fuel- that's bad, because you want the body to use fat.
    Eat more, and try eating all of your exercise calories. Some people think that it sounds weird to eat more to lose weight, but I promise you, it works.
  • misty_opal
    Options
    This may sound a little strange but you need to eat more I use the 40%carbs 40%protein and 20%fat!! And its not the cardio you need its weights lift heavy!!!! Build lean fat burning muscle!!! It has worked a treat for me! Im 5'7" weigh 132 lbs and 17% body fat I eat 2000cals a day!!! And carb load 2 days a week!!

Hey thats awesome youre at 17% body fat. I'm really impressed I want to get to this level. Did you come up with the 2000 plan yourself or did it recommend it to you? Does that include with our without excercise? Also yeah I lift heavy weights (usually have the heaviest in a weights class for the females). Do you think I should up the weights to doing intense weights 3 days a week instead? I'm not really sure how to carb load haha Also do you snack lots or have larger meals? I'm really interested :) Thanks
  • misty_opal
    Options
    The last 10-15 pounds can take MONTHS or even a whole year to take off. It's not like the first 30 or 40, where your body is happy to get rid of it.
    FOr the alst few pounds, you really need to have a small deficit. Having too large of a deficit means you won't be fueling your body enough, and it will begin to use muscle as fuel- that's bad, because you want the body to use fat.
    Eat more, and try eating all of your exercise calories. Some people think that it sounds weird to eat more to lose weight, but I promise you, it works.

Heya I have never weighed much more then I do atm. Its just that a few lbs have crept on over the past few years haha So does this still apply... I think I put the weight on eating too much/not excercising enough which is why I get worried eating lots even though I'm excercising more haha
  • b0ink83
    b0ink83 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hmm.. perhaps you have been on this diet & intense training for too long? The body may be stress up & refuse to drop any weight + trying to hold onto whatever reserve energy in your body?

Give yourself a week rest from everything ( training & reduced calories), recovery plays impt role too. I presume you will be stronger afterwards with your training and more motivated to play around with the calories intake. I read that carb cycling is a better option than removing all carbs.

Day 1 & 2 - most carbs from veggie/ fruits, high intake in protein, essential fats (Omega 3 etc)

Day 3 - starchy carbs like potatoes, pasta, rice, moderate protein, essential fats

*repeat.

:)
  • MFPfriend
    Options

Heya I have never weighed much more then I do atm. Its just that a few lbs have crept on over the past few years haha So does this still apply... I think I put the weight on eating too much/not excercising enough which is why I get worried eating lots even though I'm excercising more haha

No, it still applies. The closer you get to the ideal weight, the harder it is to come off, because your body is perfectly happy keeping a few extra pounds in case some some disaster happens later and you need them.
    The thing is, though, if you're exercising, then those calories you burn are subtracted from what you've ate.
    For example, you eat 1500 cals. You exercise 500 off. Now, your technically eating only 1000 calories, which is too large of a deficit for just 11 pounds.
    The last few pounds come off very slow, if they're going to come off the healthy way.

Damn evolution making our bodies like extra weight. :/
  • misty_opal
    Options

No, it still applies. The closer you get to the ideal weight, the harder it is to come off, because your body is perfectly happy keeping a few extra pounds in case some some disaster happens later and you need them.
    The thing is, though, if you're exercising, then those calories you burn are subtracted from what you've ate.
    For example, you eat 1500 cals. You exercise 500 off. Now, your technically eating only 1000 calories, which is too large of a deficit for just 11 pounds.
    The last few pounds come off very slow, if they're going to come off the healthy way.

Haha So true. I'm slightly confused though with what you mean by deficit. So are you saying I need to eat more or less?
    I'm scared I eat too much or are you saying this is where I'm going wrong?
  • MFPfriend
    Options

Haha So true. I'm slightly confused though with what you mean by deficit. So are you saying I need to eat more or less?
    I'm scared I eat too much or are you saying this is where I'm going wrong?

Deficit is how many calories you take away from normal maintenance mode (2000 calories for most people). I think you're not eating enough- you should probably try eating a little more.
    Here are some good links:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition